Really? Again?

"...Dream..."

And as if it were my destiny, darkness filled my vision. And the abyss was here to comfort me. I sulked about my defeat. The Mistress of Massacre. A bride that conspired against tyranny, someone who stood up for the good of the people. A woman in which many had hatred for. Who survived multiple assassination attempts. Now passed out, all in the hands of two bounty hunters. What a disappointing possible end. I sighed and hugged my knees. For the first time in years, I thought I could have some peace and finally rest with the man of my dreams. Literally.

Now I've been dragged into a war, an election that was rigged, my past trauma came back to bite me, and now a revolution. What has my life come to. I just want stability. And now I'm thinking I chose a path where that wasn't an option. Back in my limbo to think I guess.

Punz POV

"Thanks for coming out" I thanked Purpled. His gaze towards Elaine didn't break.

"Whatever, I didnt really do anything, anyway" he retaliated. I picked her up from the ground and threw her over my shoulder. Purpled was staring at the ground. He was expressionless.

"Was this woman your friend?" He suddenly asked, making me turn back. I hesitated but answered.

"I mean, not really a friend, more like an acquaintance" he seemed to be unhappy with the answer.

"Then why did she attempt to reason with you? I'm pretty sure a killer that could match your power wouldn't think twice about homicide if she saw someone who already tranquillised her before" he explained. I stood agape at his sudden urge to talk.

"I don't know her reasons or motivations either, but she saw me as a friend in her eyes" I replied. He scoffed.

"I did too..." I heard him mumble, while crossing his arms and looking at the opposite direction from me.

"You're still hungover about that? I thought you'd learn your lesson by now" I sneered. He snapped his head towards me.

"Well I'm sorry I trusted my own fucking brother. Even if I knew you were a killer, I still saw you as a good person at heart. But now I realize that I don't want anything to do with you" he stated and walked away, angrily. I sighed and took her back to the White House. I don't have time to deal with him. You either fend for yourself, or you die by people stabbing you in the back. That's how I was raised.

I ended up kicking down Schlatt's door since I had both of my hands occupied. I decided to carry her bridal style since that was better than my shoulder permanently cramping.

"Jesus fucking christ" he cussed. When he saw me fully, his eyes widened and his initial shocked reaction turned into a look of utter succession.

"Good job! Didn't think that could actually work, but it did" he praised, and approached me. I handed her over.

"Your payment is downstairs, Quackity is there with Tubbo. Don't let any of them know about this" he instructed, taking Elaine from my hands.

"Alright, and just so you know, business between us is over. Whatever happens, if Elaine wakes up right now and punches you in the face, I won't do anything" I reminded. He seemed awfully calm about the whole thing and just looked down on Elaine. If it weren't for their reckless past, this would've been a touching scene.

"Yes I know. This is where we cut off" he acknowledged. I left without any other comments and headed downstairs. Sure enough, Tubbo and Quackity were both there, discussing documents or something.

"... you think that's a good ide- oh Punz, hello?" Tubbo saw me first. Quackity frowned at me. I didn't want to waste anymore time than I had to, so I went behind them and looked into the chest.

"Hey! What are you doing!" Quackity pushed me off of it. I glared at him and sighed.

"Schlatt hired me for a job, and that's my payment" I shortly explained. He didn't buy it.

"Yeah, I never heard of this. I don't believe you" he crossed his arms. Tubbo stayed quiet. Then a hand was suddenly put on my shoulder. My reflexes almost got the best of me but I gained control.

"Hey there Punz, I see you've come for your salary" Schlatt poked his head out. Quackity confusedly looked at us.

"Quackity get me that chest will you?" He asked. Quackity stumbled on his feet.

"Y-Yeah okay" he stammered and clumsily brought the chest infront of me. I put the loot in my inventory and handed it back.

"Well, I'll be off. You got what you wanted" Schlatt stated and walked away. I had a question or two about how he got rid of Elaine, but that's none of my business anymore.

"Told you" I simply said and also walked away. He was left there in confusion.

Elaine POV

After sulking for what felt like hours, I felt a pull from the void. It was small, but it was there. I realized that I was probably waking up and my head shot up in excitement.

"Come on, wake up!" I exclaimed, standing up. The pull got stronger and stronger until eventually, I was taken from the void. The first thing o felt when I woke up, was my muscles giving up on me. Most likely from the adrenaline rush I just had. I slowly blinked open my eyes, only to find myself in a dark room, with a singular ceiling light. And my hands were tied behind my back. Well shit. I was kidnapped. I struggled in the ropes, but they were tied shut. Especially since my muscles were aching in pain. It hurt to even move.

"I see you're awake"

A/N

Yet another cliffhanger. I tend to end the chapter on a quote as you all would know.

Currently my school is putting up a talent show for some reason. And my teacher expects everyone to participate. I don't understand why teachers are like,
"I know you all have potential to sing and dance. You just have to find it!"
But when you do that in the classroom, teachers are like
"Stop singing it's not gonna get you anywhere"
Like wtf am I right? But there's no use in complaining I guess.