A cruel world with cruel people

"...Sorry. Business is business..."

Schlatt POV

Huh. Thought it would be a lot harder than that. She sure did make a scene. We had to escort everyone out of here.

"Schlatt" a voice called for me. It was Quackity. He approached me with a displeased face.

"Is everyone out?" I asked him, looking back at the tranquilised girl. It really was her. And she's still as stubborn as ever.

"Yeah, Bad and Ant didn't go right away, but I just yelled fuck at them" he answered. There was a pause in his words at the end.

"Good" I replied. Punz carried her bridal style and brought her a bit closer.

"Is that really your daughter?" Quackity hesitantly asked behind me.

"She is. I never thought to see her in somewhere like here" I answered. He furrowed his eyebrows at that.

"What was the 'being sold off to an abusive royal family' about?" he continued to interrogate me.

"That's none of your concern" I coldly replied. He went silent. I scanned her face. Her hair was covering half of her fucking face. Isn't it hard to see with one eye? I reached my hand to brush the hair off her face.

"Don't touch her" Someone threatened. I looked behind again, this time to see Dream. Oh, her boyfriend is here.

"Relax, I'm not gonna hurt your girlfriend. But she did try to kill me" I reminded him. He sighed and walked over to Punz.

"Punz, give her to me" he held his arms out. Punz looked at him for a second before stepping back.

"Sorry Dream. He makes the rules" he gestured to me.

"Schlatt, let her go" he ordered. I rubbed my chin for dramatic effect.

"Hm. I don't think so, Romeo" I affirmed. He looked annoyed behind that mask.

"Why? What could you possibly want from her? You already ruined her life enough" he argued. I frowned at that. I don't want to do this either.

"You know, she has a lot of skills. And confidence to stand up for what she thinks is right. Believe it or not, not a lotta people do that" I made an excuse. He clenched his fists.

"So, your going to use her again?" he rephrased. I kept my composure.

"We haven't seen each other in a while. It'd be nice to catch up on the last few years" I insisted. He opened his mouth to a banter on.

"Remember the deal, Dream" I mentioned. He finally shut up.

"Forget about the deal. I'm not letting you harm her again" he repeated. This has dragged on for long enough.

"Punz take her to the White House" I ordered.

"No you won't" Dream contested.

"I'm not gonna fucking hurt her" I retorted. Dream stopped in front of Punz. This guy is pissing me off.

"Dream, get out of here or I will call off the deal and burn-" I stopped myself from going further. He stared at me for a second.

"Why are you so desperate?" he asked. I frowned. She has such an annoying fucking boyfriend.

"That is none of your goddamn business" I answered lowly.

"The chance of you killing or even worse torturing her, IS my business" is this even worth it anymore? Elaine isn't going to listen to me after everything that's happened. She became a serial killer for gods sake. Because of my doing. And she's Dream's girlfriend. I can't believe she got with him out of all people.

"Give her to him" I gave up. Both stared at me for a second before Punz nodded and gently handed her to Dream.

"I didn't think you'd actually.." he trailed off. I walked away quietly, leaving the two in utter shock. It's not like she'll be willing to forgive me even after my explanation.

DreamPOV

I stood there starstruck as I held my love. He just let her go after almost calling off the deal. He... gave up. Jschlatt gave up. I glanced at Punz and I could tell by the look of his face that things didn't go as planned. Speaking of Punz, I have something to say to this guy.

"Punz" I called. He turned to me with an unamused look. I was mad at him for drugging and being willing to contribute to his possibly despicable plans.

"Why the hell did you just do that?" I hissed at him. He sighed and scratched the back of his head.

"Why else? He gave me an offer I couldn't refuse" he looked away. I grit my teeth at his excuse.

"Weren't you somewhat friends? You would let her get hurt, knowing you could have done something about it?" I scolded him. He turned to me once again with an emotionless face.

"In the mercenary way of life, there's no such thing as trusting others, especially other mercenaries. I'm honestly dissapointed at her for lowering her guard around me" he shrugged off. I was surprised at the response. But then I realized.

He's right.

You can't, in any situation trust a bounty hunter. They would act like your friend, but then backstab you the moment they got what they wanted. Punz didn't see her as a friend. He just saw her as profit. He saw her as something he could turn in for some sort of reward. I was an idiot for thinking he might actually care.

"Hope you live in pure hell on your own, for the rest of your goddamn existence" I wished farewell and left the area. That rat bastard. What do I do now? e. There's no way I'm going anywhere near L'manburg. Eret and I aren't in the best of terms right now. I don't want to take her to the community house, since Punz will most likely be there. But most importantly,  I have no idea what he injected her with. She could wake up in minutes or even hours. I rested on a tree near the border.

*Ding*

A/N

Hello there. I present to you slight angst. I felt like Punz didn't have much of a personality so I wrote him a few defining characteristics. Look at me using fancy words!

Anyways, I forgot that the war didn't happen fully and so the betrayal didnt happen. So I might edit that into the first book. Maybe Ellie came after Eret's betrayal and before Tommy's bow fight. But that would mess with some of the dialogue. So I'm gonna try to find a new excuse to make him king. I could say that, since he is a part and a supporter of the LGBT community, adding to the fact that he is a loyal citizen to Dreamsmp ( because he left L'manburg) they elected him king. That would add more meaning to when Dream said that respect was the only thing that kept him from getting a knife in the back. It would also sour their relations, because Dream didn't necessarily agree to having Eret as king. That would fill alot of holes and I'm leaning towards that path, because it sounds more natural in this current situation.

Seeya in the next chapter!