The Benefits

"Tubbo!" Fundy called. He was about to tell him a secret he had been keeping for awhile now. It was more pressure the more he wrote on that journal. He documented every word Schlatt said. Not that it was necessary, or that most of what that drunk was useful, but he wanted to make his father proud.

He was there from the beginning. The revolution, the war, the election, he had seen and been apart of it all. Only in the background of course. Noone paid attention, except for Nikki. She was the only real friend he had.

His relationship with Wilbur was questionable. He yearned for his approval. If it weren't for L'manburg, maybe he would've gotten it.

Or maybe he would've been better off without his father holding him back, without him ruining his future. But sadly his inner child had this twisted attachment to his father. He hadn't grown close enough to Wilbur to grow apart from him. And because of that, he's willing to do whatever it takes to get his attention. Even if it meant betraying the president.

The very president who had promised him the world.

"What's up Fundy?" Tubbo squeaked. He pursed his lips and gulped, clutching the journal in hand. Second thoughts lacing his mind. He trusted Tubbo. Right?

"Umm, I uh, wanted to tell you something" he answered, giving an anxious smile. Tubbo glanced at his journal.

"Is something wrong?" He asked. Fundy knew it was not or never.

"What if there was a traitor in the cabinet? Well maybe not a traitor but someone who was helping the enemy side, but not really?" He swiftly rambled. Tubbo was taken back, not only because he was a traitor, but also because he thought Fundy found out about it.

"I-I don't see why we could have a traitor here!" He nervously lied through his teeth. Both of them were nervous about being a traitor, and both of them didn't know the other was a traitor.

"Well you know Wilbur is my dad, right?" He tried to justify his actions. Tubbo confusedly nodded, suspecting something unbelievable.

"Well, I kind of-"

"Fundy! Tubbo! Where you two been?" Schlatt interrupted them. They both tensed up at his presence. They could only hope Schlatt didn't pick up any of that.

"Oh, just done sorting the files!" Tubbo stated. Fundy started shaking. He wouldn't fail now. He couldn't fail now. After so many weeks of writing down dialogue, he won't fold now.

"I was.. consulting with Tubbo" he excused. Schlatt didn't reek of alcohol for once.

"What did you need?" Tubbo asked him, to which he gave a bright smile.

"Just wanted to see how you guys were doing y'know? How the crew was doing" he seemed very happy for whatever reason. Tubbo cleared his throat.

"Well I must get back to my paperwork, they aren't going to do themselves" Tubbo piped up and left Schlatt with Fundy.

"Well, Fundy" he turned to the fox. He tensed up and squeezed the journal.

"Yes, Schlatt?" He took a deep breath to calm his nerves. There was just something so unsettling about him.

"You and Tubbo have been working so hard lately, to improve our empire" he began, gesturing the smaller to follow him. Which he complied.

"And sure Tubbo does much more work than you" he patronized, which Fundy frowned at.

"But I can tell you now that I appreciate everyone in the cabinet. And I've noticed how people ignore you, which I can see why they do" he chuckled, Fundy was getting more and more agitated but kept his mouth shut.

"What I'm trying to say is, even though I, or many others don't say so, you are a valued member of Manburg" he put a hand on his shoulder giving a warm and welcoming smile. Fundy's eyes were glossy with tears. Noone had ever said that before. They only ever made fun of him or ignored him.
He blinked them away and returned the smile, guilt creeping on him ever so slightly.

"Thank you" he barely said out loud. A feeling of regret started to form in his mind. Schlatt left him alone after that interaction.

Fundy felt... good. Treasured. Respected. Something he didn't feel often, if not at all. He struggled to remember a time he felt like that before. He scurried on to his office. Well it was basically his room at this point. He didn't have a home, and he didn't really have anyone to go to, so he decided to make it his living area.

"What do I do?" He asked himself, staring at the journal. Maybe betraying Schlatt wasn't a bad choice. Maybe helping Wilbur isn't worth it. Thoughts swirled in his mind.

Who would he betray?

Elaine POV

Never did I think a plan made in Tommy's mind would work. He has been going around convincing people to join Pogtopia. And many of them did. Even some members of Manburg. I don't know how this is going to turn out, but this is giving me more assurance of victory.

Even though things were looking up, Wilbur didn't seem to be getting better. His bizarre behaviour increased and nowadays he seemed to be aimlessly running around everywhere and ranting almost maniacally to anyone he bumps into. Me being the one he bumps into the most.

I was worried about him, but mostly felt bad for him. He had lost so much, and all he needed was someone to be there for him. But I couldn't because I was so focused on Dream. He was leading himself to a ditch and I looked over it, oblivious to the fact that he was sinking further and further. And even if I try to talk to him now, it barely has any effect on him. He usually turns the conversation to himself or L'manburg. Even going as far as to actively ignore my comments about his mentality. Sometimes he shrugs it off, sometimes he breaks down crying, and sometimes he isolates himself in his room. The last bit of hope I have is to get L'manburg back.