The Dreadful Moments

"It hurts more that I trusted you"

Those words were arrows through my chest. And to think it was someone who I had known for so long. I was struck wordless.

"Don't come crawling to me when she leaves you" he stated, rubbed his eyes. I couldn't say a word. It was happening too fast. Of course I didn't want thim to leave, but I didn't do anything about it. Then he slowly walked away.

Did I want to run after him and tell him I was sorry?

Yes.

But did I?

No.

I knew no matter what it would end with a decision between him or Ellie. And I didn't want to choose who could make me happy for free. Why couldn't I have both?

I let out a frustrated sigh and buried my face in the pillow. I can't think straight anymore.

The next morning

I woke up with an ache in every part of my body. I forgot how great sleeping felt. I begrudgingly turned to my side, only to be met with Dream's face. He had taken off his mask, which... He rarely sleeps and to think he woke up later than me is very surprising. I wasn't gonna wake him up though. He looked adorable with his eyes peacefully shut, and his mouth slightly open with a bit of drool seeping out. I wish we could stay like this longer, but unfortunately memories of yesterday came flooding back. The story. The truth.

The indescribably painful truth that left me numb.

I don't want to think about it more than I have to. But now that Schlatt's president I can't even avoid him. One way or another we'll meet again.

And I don't want to accept it.

"You awake, love?" Dream groggily asked, opening his eyes. I smiled back.

"Yes and earlier than you surprisingly" I replied staring into his magnificent green eyes. It was comfortable silence for a while. One of those moments where it seems nothing could bother us. Of course reality would make that impossible.

"What happened between you and Sapnap?" I asked, immediately getting a frown. His eyes flashed with guilt and regret. It definitely didn't end well.

"He... left" tears pricked his eyes. My eyes widened at what he meant. I sprung up from the bed, groaning at the sudden movement. He was nowhere to be seen. But George was still asleep. Dream got up slowly.

"He's gone... and it's all my fault" he covered his face, sobbing. One of the few moments he cried. I sat next to him and hugged him. He cried into my shoulder.

"It wasn't your fault. It was mine" I admitted. Sapnap was right. I really can't blame him. I've done nothing but cause trouble for Dream. Sapnap was only trying to protect him.

"He hates me... we've been friends for so long... and I pushed him away" he cried his eyes out. I knew I was the reason for all of this. He suddenly pulled away and wiped his tears away.

"We started the SMP together. It was just us 3 versus the world... then there was Tommy and Wilbur with L'manburg... and then... you came in" he glared at me. My eyes went round at his sudden shift in mood.

"You made me forget all of the bad things that ever happened. You were the one person that made everything interesting. Your presence was so addicting, that I could never live without it" he now stared at the ground. My expression softened.

"But it made me weak" he hissed. I got up to approach him.

"Don't. Come near me" I stopped at my tracks. What the hell was he talking about.

"What are you saying?" I exclaimed. He put on his mask and walked closer to me, and for some reason, it didn't feel very comforting.

"You are the reason that I lost control over my feelings. You are the reason I let go of power. You're the reason I'm getting hurt" he strided, clenching his fists. I backed away.

"I didn't mean to hurt you-"

"Yet you did, whether it be physically, mentally or emotionally. If you didn't show up, I wouldn't be in such a vulnerable state. Without you, I wouldn't have lost my best friend!" He yelled, making me flinch. I was genuinely scared and confused. Why now? Why when we're both at our low points?

"You controlled me, hypnotized me. You were a drug that I couldn't get enough of. I was so stupid for not seeing that" he spat, each word breaking my heart more than the last.

"I wasn't controlling you! I just wanted to be with someone man I  love! I wanted for us to live in piece away from the chaos!" I argued, fighting the rush of tears about to flow from me eyes.

"You being with me only made me powerless. I was merciful to those who don't deserve it. I spared the whole of L'manburg because of you!" he shouted. I felt my heart drop when he said because and not for. He did it against his will. He didn't do it for the sake of their freedom and safety, he did it so I wouldn't hate him.

"How could you be so ignorant! I DID love you! I wished to spend my remaining days with you!" I screamed.

"You caused me nothing but pain and anguish" I opened my mouth to argue, but he shut me up quick.

"I think it's better if we go our seperate ways, Elaine"

A/N

This chapter was a bit sloppy, I know. But you knew this argument was coming. I assure you that future chapters won't be rushed.