Twenty-nine

Theo POV

"I managed to cover your ass this time miller, if this was any other situation you would be in deep shit but due to the circumstances this is your one and only pass"

"Thank you sir" I mutter rolling my eyes as the line goes dead.

It's been two days since we found Amelia, she has been pretty much out of it the whole time. The dr said that her body is just drained and that she is resting, one of the babies seemed in distress at first but thankfully everything is calmed down now.

Amelia has woken up a few times for 20-30 minutes where she eats something quickly but other than that is only for the toilet. She has been attached to a drip and something around her bump to keep an eye on the babies since she arrived, hopefully today she is more alert and can manage to stay awake longer and hold a proper conversation.

Sliding my phone into the front pocket of my jeans I make my way back into the Romano family home.

"How'd it go?" Kai asks once he sees me making the others look at me.

"After checking how Amelia and the babies are and apologising that we all went through this he chewed my ass off" I say with an eye roll but I'm sure they can see I found it amusing.  "I've only got until next week before I need to travel back" I say with a tired sigh.

"Im surprised they didn't file you as AWOL to be honest" dad say's seriously making Luca nod.

I shrug before taking a drink then look over all of them then at the evidence they have on the table "So what do we know so far?" I ask since I've not really Spoke with them as all my time has been spent by Amelia's side.

"I believe that son of a bitch Bryson was Amelia's stalker, recognised the name when Amelia called so dug around and realised his father worked for me around 20 years ago until he was killed 10 years ago" Luca states making my jaw clench. "Also that they attack months ago is linked to these fuckers or at the very least they know who as there was some texts referring to it, Not got much from prisoners yet but we will soon" he says with an evil smirk before he pats my shoulder then walks out the room making dad chuckle as I just shake my head.

*****

Opening the door to the bedroom I step in then close it quietly behind me, my heart clenches as I take in the sight of a sleeping Amelia just the thought of what could've happened.

I take hold of her hand as I lay down beside her softly kissing her before getting more comfortable with her hand still clasped in my own.

"Hey Beautiful, you need to wake up soon I'm lost without you. I just got you back then you were talking for me again, I could've lost you and the boys forever" I whisper voice breaking due to saying my fear out loud. "I spent far too many years apart from you which was no one's fault but my own, I can't go anymore spitfire. I planned to come back to win you back then take you back with me so we could start our lives together, of course I was in for a surprise but I couldn't be happier. I'm so sorry I let them get to you spitfire I promise I will never let anyone hurt you again including myself"

"What about when I'm in labour that will be your fault" I hear a a scratchy whisper making me look back to her face only to see her eyes filled with laughter but also looking pained making me jump up giving her a drink of water before kissing her lips repeatedly unable to stop the tears "hey now, don't cry we're here with you and we are and will always be ok"

"I'm so sorry Amelia...I..."

"Don't, it wasn't you're fault, they would've got me one way or another and plus it wasn't like you were the only person there that night so you can't blame yourself"

I clenched my jaw looking away from her for a minute "not only that but everything! I fucked up with you so many times but you still forgave me" before I can continue she lets out a sigh.

Shaking her head a huff coming from her "I'm not going to lie to you Theo if you were anyone else I either would've said fuck you and walked away or killed you. It was the deep love I have for you and our connection that I forgive you but that doesn't mean I forget, just know that if you try play me for a fool then it's done. Period." She mutters seriously as she looks over my face then smiles softly.

"I will make it up to you" I promise

"I know you will" she says, a playful smirk appearing on her face.

"I love you so much" I tell her watching as her eyes soften at my words.

"I love you too Theo" she whispers as our heads rest against each other.

"I will make everything up to you, treat and love you how you deserve to be, like a queen. I will live the rest of my life making up for the fuck ups I've done over the last years. I will make sure to never let you doubt my love and feeling for you again" I whisper softly against her lips as her eyes tear up.

I truly have a lot to make up for but there is nothing I won't do to make sure this amazing woman knows she is the only one I love and want.

We continue talking for a while before she falls asleep against my chest as I stroke her hair with one hand and her bump with the other. After a while I noticed her eyes become heavy with sleepiness.

"Go to sleep baby, I'm right here"

Shaking her head "no I'm ok just now" she says softly "I desperately want a shower but I don't have my toiletries"

"I'll call someone to bring them" I tell her pulling my phone out my pocket.

"How about you go and get a shower and rest then bring it back?"

I scoff "not a chance"

"Theo please, you need a break you have been here so long and not being funny but your being to smell" she makes a face then let's put a cute giggle.

Chuckling I shake my head "well I'm afraid you're going to have to put up with it just now because I'm not leaving you alone"

"Theo there is guards around, plenty people and I feel okay they babies are doing good. Please could you go and bring my things once you have rested" she says with a pout.

After five minutes of going back and forth she ends up getting her own way as I am now making my way down to my car heading back to the house.

I look down at my phone when a text comes through but before I have a chance to read it I hear a loud crash before everything goes black.