one

Today is the day that Amelia and Cara graduate high school, Both girls couldn't be any happier as this also means they leave in the next couple of weeks. Their mothers, however,  well...

"Why do they have to grow up so fast"
"My baby is graduating" Alessia & Justine cry simultaneously while their husbands look at each other with a quiet groan.

"What's the wrong mamma?" Franco asks

"Your sister is graduating and you are all growing so fast bambino" she sniffs wrapping her arms around him and making him look at his older brothers for help and they just laugh quietly.

"Shh here they go" Amelia whispers

*****

"I think I'm going to be sick" Amelia whispers letting out a shaky breath. "Why did I agree to this"

"Take a deep breath, you're going to do great" Cara smiles "besides you promised Theo he would get a video sent to him of this"

"We're graduating," Amelia says as the realisation hits her "I'm glad I've had you by my side the whole time"

"Don't go making me cry" Cara glares making Amelia laugh.

"Welcome to the graduating class of 20**" Mrs white the headmistress cheers into the microphone at the podium on stage. "I will now ask you all to please stand as our very own graduating senior Amelia Romano sings our national anthem. Then our two valedictorians Amelia & Cara Miller will lead us with our pledge" She says proudly as whistles and cheers can be heard.

"Ready?" Cara whispers looking at Amelia who nods

Amelia lets out a shaky breath closing her eyes, an image of a person comes to mind making her smile softly then sings her heart out.

"O say, can you see
By the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hail'd
At the twilight's last gleaming?

Whose broad stripes and bright stars
Through the perilous fight
O'er the ramparts we watch'd
Were so gallantly streaming?

And the rocket's red glare
The bombs bursting in air
Gave proof through the night
That our flag was still there

O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free
And the home of the brave?"

"Wooo"

"Go, Amelia"

"Yes bitch, that's my best friend"

Cheers can be heard from the clapping crowd once she finishes the last comment being from Cara of course.

Both girls walk to the podium and begin saying the pledge of allegiance with the crowd joining them as the Miller & Romano families watch the girls proudly.

"We did it, we really fucki..." Cara starts excitedly before Amelia puts her hand over her mouth

"Mio dio" Amelia mutters quietly groaning but the mic picks it up causing laughter to break out in the auditorium.

"Sorry, sorry" Cara mumbles sheepishly "well class of 20** we made it, who would have guessed that half of us would've got here?..."