Nineteen

I'm tired, hungry but also feel very sick, my head is pounding and really fucking grumpy. All I want to do is go upstairs and sleep but no can do because we have been holding interviews all day and still have two more left.

Cara sits back down handing me a bottle of water letting out a sigh "Who's next?"

"Uhm..." I start before looking on the table for the application, finding what I was looking for I pick it up "Brianna Simmons age 17 just going into her senior year"

Before anything else can be said there is a knock on the door before it opens us letting us see my mom and a young girl behind her.

"Hi please take a seat" I say smiling to Brianna before turning to my mom saying "thank you" making her nod and smile before closing the door again.

"Hi" Brianna greets in a soft voice.

Holding my hand out for her to shake "Nice to meet you Brianna, my name is Amelia and this is Cara"

"Nice to meet you both" she says shaking both our hands.

"So tell us a little about yourself" Cara states smiling softly as it becomes obvious that the girl is nervous.

"Well uh, my names Brianna Simmons I'm 17 turning 18 next month, I'm just starting my senior at Maynard. My hobbies are reading and baking, I'm still not sure exactly what I want to do once I graduate" she says giggling nervously.

"Don't worry neither did we" Cara says laughing making me smile.

The interview lasts for 30 minutes and as it's coming to an end I look at Cara as she looks at me, I point to a piece of paper on the table. sending each other a discreet nod before turning back to the girl.

"Well Brianna we know that you applied for a part time job for the restaurant but.." Cara starts before looking at me.

"Since you said you like to bake, how would you like to work in the shop?" I ask her and watch her face light up.

"Really?" She asks with a smile "I didn't see any ads for that"

"Yes, we are looking for people in each part" I say laughing at her face "so would you like the job?"

"Yes that would be great"

"Perfect. Since it's the holidays are you available to come in on Monday morning at 9 for training?" Cara questions

Brianna leaves 5 minutes later with promises to be here on Monday morning, which gives us 15 minutes before the last applicant should arrive.

"I feel awful" I groan while eating a banana hoping it helps my hunger and the sick feeling.

"Aww babe" Cara pouts "you want me to take this one alone?"

"No, it's fine. I'll just shower and go to bed after this, who is it that we are seeing next" I ask but before she can speak the doors opens and I can see from my moms face she isn't happy making me frown.

"Ladies, this is Shirley you're next appointment" she says as a woman who looks in her late 40s comes walking into the office wearing a really short tight dress.

I can't stop my eyes from widening at how this woman is dressed but mostly at the anger on my moms face before she walks out closing the door behind her.

"Hi Shirley I'm Cara and this is Amelia  can you tell us about yourself?" Cara greets when she notices I was lost in thoughts.

"Shirley lees 37, I recently just moved here from Boston" she states with a shrug. "Are you like the managers or something you both look real young"