Chapter 4 ~ Confrontation

Song of the chapter - Boys will be boys Emlyn

Rachel dusts my eyelids with color while Victoria arranges my hair. I've texted Jamie saying that I'll be late, but no response.

"And perfect!" Rachel steps back and I open my eyes. She's covered my eyelids with the colors of the team, red and white. Victoria has pulled my hair back from my face into a bun with a few face-framing pieces.

"Let's get you two ready," I say, and Rachel dives back into the mess of clothes on the floor. She comes up with a black mini dress which she throws at Victoria and a red skirt. After a minute of searching, she finds a black crop top.

The others get ready, then we pile into the car.

"Let's get this show on the road." Rachel says from the backseat. Her hair is in waves, the red matching her skirt. Somewhere is my room she found jewelry and has some little flowers on her ears and a black elastic choker.

Victoria opted for a ponytail, yet she makes it look elegant. Her only jewels are her rings and earrings. Despite Rachel's pestering, she refused to change them. The dress has a sweetheart neckline, which is covered by her leather jacket.

Meanwhile, I'm wearing two gold hoops and the ring Jamie gave me a week into our relationship.

"Remember to throw the ring," Rachel leans forward in her seat. "Drop it at his feet and storm off."

"I'm sure she'll remember, considering this is the 100th time you've told her, and we haven't even left her street yet." Victoria says, pushing Rachel back into the backseat. "Just do you Mads,"

"I'll concentrate on driving at the minute, thanks," I say, and we all laugh. I knew at that moment if I didn't laugh, I would cry.

~~~

"Give us your phone. We'll go take a picture of him and then come get you," Victoria grabs my phone from my hands and then her and Rachel go.

I sit in the car, twisting the ring round and round on my finger. The pink heart seems like a mockery of our relationship. I twist it and leave the heart facing down. Then I remember I leave a book in my car, just for if whoever I'm driving is late.

I lean over to the glove box and open it. Napkins and wipes get shoved aside in my rummaging. I find the book and pull it out. Its cover is battered from being shoved in there. Just as I open it, someone bangs on my window.

"Let's go, girl," Rachel opens the door and pulls me out. "Here's your evidence." I look down at my phone. The picture is of Jamie kissing Cynthia. Rachel swipes the screen and then there's one of him smiling down at her while she beams at him.

"They're in the main room now." Victoria grabs an arm and starts walking me towards the building. My eyes are glued to the picture. Jamie looked at me that way once.

"Hey, you'll be better off without him," Rachel walks on my other side. "Snap out of it, girl."

Together we walk inside and there Jamie is, looking at his phone, leaning on the wall. When he sees us, he pushes off the wall. His smile is so obviously fake.

"Hey babe," he says. He reaches out to hug, but I shove him backwards.

"Don't call me that."

"Why, what's wrong, Mads?" He looks so concerned, but I know the concern is for himself. In the main rooms, I can hear music and shouting as the players celebrate the end of season. Lights flash from an open doorway.

"How about you ask Cynthia?" I say, watching the realization flash across his face. He throws his head back and laughs.

"Mads, I was showing the new girl around, that's all." Then he sees my phone still glowing in my hand.

Lie Lie Lie | ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara