Chapter 3 ~ Partygirl

Song of the chapter  - Blood Bind Natalie Carr & Riley Dillon

I walk into school and find Rachel by my locker. People walk around her, forming a sort of bottleneck in the hall.

"Hey girl. How was your weekend?" She asks, completely ignoring Jamie. Jamie frowns at her.

"Who's she?" He leans down to whisper in my ear, sending shivers down my spine as his hot breath brushes my skin.

"I'm Rachel."

I open my locker and smile into it. Not many people would talk to Jamie like that, and his reaction is hilarious. His whole body stiffens and I can feel the tense muscles where his side is pressed against my back.

"Come on, Maddy, let's go," Jamie says once I've shut my stuff in my locker. He grabs my hand, tugs me toward his clique.

"I want to talk to Rachel," I say and watch his face drop. "Look, I'll find you before class." The crowd files on around us, some stopping to congratulate Jamie for his game.

"Mads," Jamie says, tugging my hand. "Why?"

"She does need social interactions with people other than your friends." Rachel answers for me, and then Jamie takes the hint and leaves, kissing my head.

"Finally! Here, do you know this girl?" Rachel pulls a phone from her pocket and shows me an image. It's from the gym, of Jamie and the girl.

"Oh, I already know," I say and Rachel looks confused. "I saw them. No, I do not know the girl,"

~~~

"What's so interesting about this Rachel girl?" Jamie asks. It's the end of the day, and I'm in his car, texting Rachel.

"Oh, we have a few things in common. She likes to go to the gym too," I answer, turning my phone off and shoving it in my pocket. Jamie starts the car and I can tell he's mad.

"She is right about one thing, though. You do need more of your own friends. As much as I don't like her, you do, so I'll make an effort." Jamie says, knuckles white where he grips the steering wheel.

The rest of the car drive passes in silence, only broken by the occasional buzz from a phone. I don't dare to check mine in case Jamie sees the conversation.

"Thanks for the ride," I say, placing a chaste kiss on his lips and clambering out of the car. My phone practically burns a hole in my pocket when Jamie grabs my arm as I walk past his door.

"Bye babe," he kisses my hand and lets me go. I notice the car doesn't move until I'm inside.

~~~

"So you're saying that he saw you, while he was with another girl?" Rachel sits on the end of my bed, facing me. "And did not care?" She pops a chocolate in her mouth.

"Yeah," I grab a chocolate. "Think he's cheating?"

"Definitely. I'd say you could confirm your theory at that big party at the end of the week, though," Rachel grabs her phone and starts typing while also explaining. "Say you want your outfit to be a surprise and show up late,"

"That's actually a good idea," I say in complete disbelief. Rachel laughs and starts fiddling with the LEDS.

"What did you think I was going to say? Go spy on him?" She manages to talk through her giggles and soon has me giggling away.

"Madison, come introduce your friend to Stefan!" Mom yells as the door slams.

Rachel looks at me with a confused face. "Who's that?"