23

Tosdach(adj

Tosdach
(adj.)
Marked by absence of sound; failing to speak or communicate when expected to

LUMI HEARTFELTS POV

After a very quiet and awkward lunch, we all gather in the living room once again. Juan sent Ruiz to go get Angel after he lost his temper and stormed off.

We wait for a few minutes before Angel is shoved into the room, stumbling over his own feet. A unbothered Ruiz following closely behind. They both take a seat on the opposite couch from where I am sitting. Angel of course glares at me for some odd reason.

"Now that everyone is here, we're going to go over some things that we didn't get to discuss yesterday." Juan begins.

"You three already know about not touching Lumi." He points to the three oldest. "Don't do anything to stress her out and absolutely no psychical contact unless she says other wise." He sternly says, locking eyes with Angel. "If I find out any of you does anything to her, I will punish you accordingly. I mean it. She needs lots of rest and has multiple appointments coming up."

"Speaking of which" He turns to face me. "How do you feel about therapy? Vinnie said the doctor mentioned it before but nothing was ever decided." I shrug my shoulders. I don't really care for any of that. It's not like talking, or in my case writing about how I feel would do me any good.

"Okay" Juan sighs.

"Now, I expect everyone to respect and be kind to each other. We are a family and we are stronger as one. If any of you have a problem, talk to one another, or come to me and we will figure it out." Juan begins to speak again but stops himself when a rather loud scoff is heard.

"You got anything to say Angel?" Juan asks clearly fed up with his behaviour.

"Not to you." Angel snaps back with attitude.

"Lumi, come to me from now on and I will personally give you your medicine." Lazaro intercepts, side eyeing his little brother and father.

"Does anyone have anything else to say? If not, for ever hold your peace and go about your day. I have things to do." Pedro says sarcastically.

I in fact do have something to say, but it's not related to our discussion. I tap Juan's shoulder, breaking his staring match with Angel to get his attention and point to his phone. He unlocks it for me to use. I open the notes app and type what I want to say.

Juno needs formula.

I hand him back the phone and watch as he reads it.