05

♕ The art of silence and observation ♕

The art of silence and observation

^Forever - Labrinth^

ODIN KINGS POV

I'm currently sitting in the waiting room at the hospital. I told my kids to stay at home so it's only me and Vinnie here. Tobias wanted to come but I told him no. This is a serious matter and I don't think she'll want a lot of people here when she wakes up. She was terrified with just me so I didn't want to risk her having another panic attack.

"It's okay buddy" I cooed the baby that lies in my arms fussing. I don't think Lumi would want him to be anywhere too far away from her. One thing I have noticed about these two is that they're small. Too small.

When Vinnie called me to say there was a girl in the back of his car, I immediately thought it was a trap planned by the Swedish. We've been enemies for decades. They've always stooped low and did unimaginable things. I told him to bring her with. If she does work for them bastards then it's better to keep an eye on her and possibly get any information about them out of her.

I ordered my tech guy to do a background check on her. It's been a little over ten hours so they must be working on it now. It usually takes them about a day or two if the person has connections and they have to do some serious hacking.

The baby grabs my finger and starts holding it tightly. For such a small thing it sure is strong. I can't believe what Lumi told me yesterday. Why wouldn't they let her name him? It doesn't make sense and it all seems shady.

She has bruises all over her body and that infuriated me. She said something about bad men. But who's the bad men? The only people that come to mind are the Swedish since Vinnie found her in Sweden. Then again, it could have been any lowlife criminal who hurts young girls or it could all be a trap to gain pity and allow us to take them in.

After waiting for six hours, the door to the waiting room opens and our private doctor rushes out. I stand up and meet him half way. He catches his breath, panting. I raise my eyebrow waiting for him to tell me anything that's wrong with her.

"A-After the surgery we ran some test on her"

"Surgery?" I interrupt with a frown. Why didn't they inform me that she'll need surgery.

"Yes, she had some internal bleeding caused by a broken rib stabbing an internal organ." He pauses looking at the ground. "She has a fractured collarbone, sprained ankle, and four broken ribs. We took a better look at her body and she has scars everywhere. Some from old stab wounds, whips and burns." I knit my brows together. Whoever hurt her will pay for it with their lives. She only like what, 11?