04

'Being afraid is like being homeless

'Being afraid is like being homeless. No matter how hard you try, you always struggle to overcome it'

— Svorose (me)

^SAMDMAN BY ELLISE^

LUMIS'S POV

I wake up to Juno playing with my face. Leaving sloppy kisses on my cheek, while sucking on it leaving clumps of drool. I smile and wipe my face. I make a disgusted expression when the drool leaves a string from my cheek to my hand.

Babies are nasty.

It is peaceful. The sun is shining brightly, a slight breeze coming in through the balcony, it's quite, and I can smell food being made. Someone must be making breakfast.

I should start getting us ready.

I pick little one up and go into the bathroom. I start running bath water, making sure it's warm, but not too hot. I look in the cabinets and grab two fluffy white towels. I grab the baby wash and shampoo that Vinnie brought yesterday.

I start undressing Juno, and taking off his diaper. I then lay him on a towel that I spread across the floor as I undress myself.

I pick him up and sit in the bathtub. I start washing him first. I struggled to wash my body while holding a baby. It's hard.

I get out of the bath tub, wrapping a towel around both of us. I grab the bottle of baby lotion and start lathering his body with it. It smells good. Juno start laughing when I run the lotion in his butt. I smack it gently causing him to laugh louder.

I grab a white and brown teddy bear onesie for Juno. It has a cute hood with bear ears on it. I dress myself in a white long sleeve shirt and gray sweat pants. I put in some white fluffy socks.

I grab a baby comb and start brushing his hair. His curls are so long and dark. I'm jealous.

After I'm done tending to little one, I lay him on the bed and go back in the bathroom. I brush my teeth and start doing my hair. I let my long black curls fall down my waist.

I don't look at myself in the mirror to long. I can't. If I do, All I'll see is a broken little girl that can't feel anything.

I sigh and head back into the room. I pick up Juno and say a quick prayer. I don't know who is going to be down there and that makes me nervous. I won't know what to expect. But I know I have no choice but to go down there. Vinnie said I had to be.

I open the door and peek my head out. I look both ways before hesitantly stepping out. I sigh in relief at the empty hall.

"Let's go baby" I whisper to Juno. His head buried in between my boobs.