13

—

Anam Cara
(n, Gaelic)
A person with whom you can share your deepest thoughts, feelings, dreams with your soul friend.

LUMI HEARTFELTS POV

I'm hungry.

It's five in the afternoon and the sun is now setting. After talking and finishing the movie, Ana and Juno feel asleep, both cuddled together. I untangle myself from the bunch and slide off the bed. I'm craving the food Vinnie took me to eat after we left the hospital.

I move Juno off of Ana so she doesn't roll on him and place pillows on both sides so that he's safe. I admire my sons beauty. His long dark curls falling over his milk chocolate skin. His dimple slightly showing as he sucks in his lip. He should start talking and walking soon.

I tip toe out the room and quietly shut the door, starting my mission to find Vinnie and demand he gets me food. Specifically the food from that restaurant. Walking aimlessly around the giant house, paying no mind to the men littered at every corner dressed in all black, which is starting to concern me. They give me bad vibes. After searching all upstairs and on the level floor I decide to find the basement to see if he's down there. I open many doors to see which one leads down. After trying what feels like the 100th door, I'm greeted with stairs. I assume it leads to my destination.

"Vinnie" I call out quietly.

Silence.

I know he won't be able to hear me but it was worth a shot. I take a deep breath and begin my journey down the steep concrete stairs. This is freaking me out. I think to myself. It's dark and the stairs are long. It's quiet but not silent. Off in the distance I can hear water droplets hitting the surface of the floor.

"Vinnie?" I call out again only this time being a little louder.

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, I begin walking down the long hall. The plain grey concrete walls making everything creepier. Reaching the end of the hall stands a big metal door. I twist the metal handle but the door doesn't open. I huff and start walking back up stairs. Such a waste of time.

Closing the door behind me I start to wonder where he could be. Should I check Odin office? No. I don't feel like walking upstairs again. I decide on checking outside since I didn't before.

Walking through the glass patio doors I instantly hear talking. I peak over the corner to see who it is. It's Vinnie and the girl from breakfast. I contemplate if I should go over there and talk to him. He looks to be in deep conversation with the girl. She looks angry while He looks annoyed. I fiddle with the hem of my shirt waiting for their conversation to be over. I can't hear what they're saying but I can tell it's getting heated.

Once they stop talking I walk over to them. They're sitting on a patio furniture set by the pool. I tap Vinnie's shoulder to get his attention. He looks back at me with a scowl on his face but it instantly turns into a smile.

"Hello Lumi." He turns to face me fully. "You need anything?" He asks. I look over to the girl that's already glaring at me. I shift on my feet feeling nervous. I lean down to his ear and whisper "I'm hungry" he lets out a low chuckle.

"Dinners in two hours. I'll ask the chef to prepare a snack before then." He starts to get up from his seat. I shake my head not wanting that.

"No?" He questions. I nod.

"I want the food from before." I whisper. He starts rubbing his facial hair thinking about what I said. "The food from before" he mumbles.

"Oh. From the restaurant I took you to?" He snaps his finger pointing at me. I nod my head happily that he remembers. "Alright, I'll let the chef know we'll be ordering in tonight." He says then walks off leaving me and the girl alone.

What do I do now?

As I'm about to walk away she stops me. "When are you leaving." She says. Hate clear in her tone. I don't want to talk to her. She's rude.

Ignoring her I walk away, but not before I hear her say "It's your fault he doesn't spend time with me anymore"

Who's he? Vinnie? I didn't do anything, so why is she mad at me? Sliding the door open I walk into the kitchen. The chef look like he's getting ready to leave. He thanks me on his way out. I wonder why..

I'm still hungry...

ODIN KINGS POV

My advisors think it is best if we kill Juno. I will never harm a child. I may have killed many people, but only those you have wronged me or others. I will not tolerate abuse, child neglect, rape, ect. If I find out someone has done that on my territory, I will gladly end them. So you can imagine just how much I dreaded having that conversation with Lumi. She didn't deserve any of it. No one does.

"He will become a problem in the near future! They will come looking for him. They will think we kidnapped the future second in command to their mafia!" My oldest advisor Johnny shouts trying to get his point across.

"I agree. It will cause an uproar if word gets out." Isis pipes in. Her husband was my late advisor but sadly passed away three years ago due to old age. She took over his place seeing as she was fit to do so. Oh how I greatly regret that decision. She is stuck on the old mafia traditions. She thinks the union of mafia families should be tied through marriage. I wholeheartedly disagree. I will never force my child to marry someone they don't love.

"He also has Soto blood running through his veins!" Jace replies. If we were to harm him, we'll be asking for war with the Mexicans.

The room quiets down thinking about what to do.

"If we kill him it'll break our alliance with the Spanish. We are not to harm either of them! Am I clear." My voice void of any emotion.

"Yes don"

WORD COUNT 1123

WORD COUNT 1123

Chapter 13
Published 3/18/22 6:40 pm

I know this chapter is short. But I'm too tired. I need ideas people!!!!

Help me out...

It's spring break starting today so I might publish more over the week.

No promises though.

♡︎