10

'Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near

'Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near. Wanna feel alive, outside I can't fight my fear'

-Billie Eilish, Khalid

LUMI HEARTFELTS POV

"Let's go mommy!" I yelled pulling mama into the small cafe.

"Okay, okay" she said laughing, dragging her feet.

I crawled into our regular booth sitting across from mama. We went to this cafe every Saturday for breakfast. It was our own family tradition.

"When is papa coming?" I asked bouncing in my seat. As a child I was diagnosed with Alexithymia but over the years of torture I began to lose myself even more. Not having the energy to do anything or react anymore.

She sighs looking at me with pity. "He had some business to attend to. I'm sorry teddy" she tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Okay" I say ignore the feeling in my chest I didn't quite understand. I didn't understand a lot of things I felt. I thought they weren't normal so I never told anyone about it. Afraid they'll treat me different.

After our food came we began eating. I order my regular chocolate chips waffles topped with blueberries, strawberries and whipped cream. Mama orders a English breakfast for herself.

...

"Come on Teddy" mama said getting fed up with me as she dragged me to a scary alleyway.

After we finished eating mama said she a a present for me. But we had to drive far away. So we drove to a neighbourhood just outside the city. There were big scary men everywhere. Somewhere even fighting. She told me to get out of the car and follow her. And I did just that because I love getting presents. Although I was hesitant.

"I don't want to! Its dark here" I cried as she pushed me on the ground. "I'm sorry baby. I really am." She hugged me saying prayers over and over again. I sniffled as she wiped my tears, ignoring those of her own.

"I'm going to put this blindfold on you. Okay?—" I nod my head "—I want you to count to one hundred then take it off. Only after you get to one hundred!" She says sternly.

She ties the blindfold over my eyes. I can feel her hands shaking. "I love you my teddy. Always and forever." She kisses my crown. "Start counting. You'll get your present when your done" And that's what I did. I counted one to one hundred, not paying attention to the noises I heard or the strange smells. I took off the blind fold after listing off many numbers only to realize I was alone. There was no surprise or present like she said. There was only grime and dirt, rats and trash.