25

Hyunjin was trying to fall asleep, but his attempts were failing miserably.

He was exhausted; the energy he had exerted in the past few hours crashing down on him.

His head was propped on the car's window, his eyes watching the passing trees and landscapes.

A box rested on his thighs with his hands holding it in place. It was the box of letters Nari had left for the boys, and since she wouldn't be able to hand it over to them herself, she left that job for the 3 boys, who had been lucky enough to bid her goodbye.

Flashback

"Oh, by the way. I spent all night working on something for you all to remember me with.." Nari said, causing everyone's attention to be directed onto her.

She pulled a small white box out of her backpack and opened it to reveal multiple colored paper hearts. They were all shades of pastel, and a name had been planted onto the middle of each heart, indicating who it belonged to.

"I.. have a lot of gratitude towards you all. And, I wouldn't be happy without expressing it fully to all of you. So, I decided to write you all a small letter that you can hopefully look back on, and it would bring a smile to your face," she smiled upon speaking. "Don't open it now. Leave it for once I go. And.. I hope you can deliver the rest of the letters to the designated boys."

Bangchan nodded, smiling warmly at her. "Don't worry. Consider it done."

Felix leaned in to observe the paper intently. "You're so cute, Nari.. how did you even think of this?" He chuckled.

She shrugged. "A normal letter seemed boring to me, so I decided to make it a bit more memorable."

Felix looked up at her, his lips upturning in gratitude.

Hyunjin ruffled through the paper hearts till he found the one with his name printed on, and shoved it into his bag.

Nari chuckled at that.

End of flashback

"Doesn't feel like we met her just a few months ago.." Bangchan uttered, glancing into the rearview mirror to see the two sleeping in each other's arms in the back.

Hyunjin remained silent, craning his neck to have a look at Nari sleeping soundly with Felix's arms wrapped around her. He'd be lying if he said he didn't wish to be the one holding her instead.

"Why don't you go to sleep? It was a long and tiring day. Have some rest," Bangchan spoke, and Hyunjin turned his head to look at him.

"I can't seem to fall asleep," he sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Would you be able to if you were sitting in the back?" Bangchan looked at the lad beside him, an annoying knowing smirk plastered on his face.

Hyunjin rolled his eyes. "You're not funny, Chan."

Bangchan chuckled but chose not to annoy the boy with any more snide remarks.

Silence swept over them, aside from the sound of the moving car and Felix's soft snores from the back.

Hyunjin opened the box laid on his lap, taking a paper heart and observing it closely. "She did quite a good job at folding these. They look so smooth," he pointed out, smiling a little upon noticing the small hearts she had drawn beside each name.

"She is a perfectionist, after all," Bangchan shrugged. "Don't expect anything less."

Hyunjin snorted, dropping the paper heart back into the box before returning the lid to it.