11

It was exam week.

Nari had been studying day and night, barely getting any sleep.

She was at Blossom cafe, studying when she felt this sudden wave of exhaustion wash over her. She decided to rest her head on the table for a bit as a break.

Hyunjin noticed Nari's unchanged position for the past 30 minutes and was beginning to grow worried.

His break was about to start, anyway, so he walked up to her and tapped her shoulder, in hopes of waking her up.

"Nari? Are you okay?" He asked softly.

No answer.

Felix noticed Hyunjin trying to wake Nari up, so he strolled toward them.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"She isn't waking up..." Hyunjin looked at Felix worriedly.

"What!?" Felix exclaimed and tried to shake Nari, but she wouldn't budge.

He took her water bottle and poured a small amount onto the palm of his hand before splashing it on her cheek.

She furrowed her brows at the cold sensation, finally waking up and lifting her head off the table.

"W-what happened...?" She looked around, disoriented.

"You passed out, I think," Hyunjin informed.

She just gaped at him, trying to process where she was and who she was.

"Okay, you take her to the apartment. I'll tell boss something urgent came up and you had to leave," Felix said before walking off.

"C'mon, let's go," Hyunjin murmured, taking a hold of Nari's bicep to help her up.

He put her study materials away into her bag and threw them over his shoulder while Nari watched him, half asleep.

During the drive to the apartment, Nari had fallen asleep again.

She sat in the passenger seat beside him with her head resting on the window.

"What have you been doing to yourself that you are this damn exhausted?" Hyunjin said, more to himself, sparing a glance at her sleeping figure.

They reached the apartment, and Hyunjin had given up on trying to wake her up so he resorted to carrying her into the apartment instead.

He gently settled her on his bed, given that the couch wasn't the most comfortable place to sleep on, and placed the back of his hand on her forehead to check her temperature.

She had a light fever, which explains her flushed appearance.

He waddled to the kitchen and wet a towel before heading back to her and placing it on her forehead.

He admired how peaceful she looked, and it felt like his eyes were glued to her.

He wore a sad expression as he ran his gaze over her features; the possibility of never getting the chance to hold her in his arms, play with her soft curls, or his lips meeting her soft ones, was breaking him in two.

He slowly raised his hand to her face, brushing away a few strands of hair.

The dim lights and quiet were getting to him, and he yawned.

He crawled further into the bed, his back resting on the wall, as he slowly dozed off in a sitting position.

An hour later...

Nari stirred awake, her eyes shooting wide open at the unfamiliar ceiling and scent.

She sat upright, the towel resting on her forehead falling into her lap in the process, startling her.