ᗩᘻ ᓰ ᑢᑘᖇSᘿᕲ?

Short Author's Note: (Y/N)'s outfit for this chapter in the photo above

Sprig and Anne were asked to run the stand for today, Hop Pop was going to ask (Y/N) until he saw her reading. Thinking that she was better at home reading and feeding her mind than going outside. (Y/N) laughed at the two, who groaned leaving the house.

A few hours later, (Y/N) was alone in Anne's basement room, the room was scattered with papers and formulas. She was still trying to figure out where she went wrong with the gem, but thankfully due to the trip to the bizarre bazaar, she had more equipment. (Y/N) felt like a failure every time she looked at the glass cup filled with the dust of the gem. The only thing that she could connect with the countless books she's read was that the gem was a preserver of energy. Now the question that made her hesitate was as to where the energy was now that the gem was destroyed. 

She yawned glancing around the room at the mess she's made, I wonder if Anne and Sprig need help. Quickly she picked up the papers stacking them on Anne's table before heading out of the house. It only took her 30 minutes to see Anne and Sprig, they must've been doing alright since they were just talking to each other. 

A loud growling and pain struck (Y/N) as she got closer, she paused before seeing a stand filled with bread. Luckily it was a crossed the Plantar's stand, excitedly she walked to the bread stand before coming eye to eye with Maddie. She was a unique frog and that was all she would mentally describe the girl to not offend her.

Once reaching Maddie's bakery she gives her a small wave, "Hey there Maddie, I'm (Y/N)" Once in front of Maddie, (Y/N) examined the little frog girl. She was around Sprigs height and was a light blue frog wearing a black sack dress with a brown rope for a belt. Her light pink hair had dark pink spots, having a light brown scrunchie which didn't do much since her hair was covering one of her eyes. (Y/N) stared hard at Maddie's eyes, they were the most interesting and alluring part of her. It is big and yellow with black, slit pupils similar to that of a snake.

Maddie gave what (Y/N) would consider a unique smile, it being abnormally toothy and wide. She knew that Maddie probably did it thinking she looked friendly. "I know who you are, you became the talk of the town for your shopping sprees and trailed clothes" Hearing that made (Y/N) smile softly, glad that this place knows taste.

"I heard from one of my dad's friends that you dress like a pretentious newt" (Y/N) mentally cursed at Maddie's comment but kept the smile even though it looked stern. Considering that right at the moment she was wearing her lab attire consisting of a white lab coat, purple jumper, bottoms, and purple shoes.

"I'm just here for some bread, surprise me please" Maddie nodded, she must've noticed the effect of her words. Quietly and quickly going to grab any loaves that would satisfy (Y/N). (Y/N) waited to pick at her nails, occasionally glancing at Maddie who had her back turned to her looking through her options. 

A white paper airplane.

That is what zoomed across (Y/N)'s face, a millisecond passed for (Y/N) to understand what was going on. Due to it being angled in the direction of the Plantar's stand, she knew right away it was Anne that launched it. Thinking nothing could go wrong and thinking it was Anne trying to teach Sprig a new way of communicating, she shrugged it off and allowed the plane to land right into Maddie's pink hair. Maddie handed (Y/N) the clothed-filled bag before taking the sheet out of her hair. 

Both of them stood in silence, (Y/N) confused as to why Maddie looked up from the paper with malcontent at Sprig and Anne. Maddie then glanced at (Y/N), who nervously dropped a few coins on the stand walking away from the tiny frog girls piercing eyes.

"Ugh Maddie, you can keep the change," she said rushing to Anne and Sprig. (Y/N) watched as Maddie silently took the change and disappeared into her stand. Sighing in relief that she wasn't punished for Sprig and Anne's actions, once in front of the high-fiving duo she shouted, "Now what was that!"