ₛₒ ₗᵢₖₑ bᵢg fₒₒₜ

(Y/N) was forced out of bed this morning, Hop Pop telling her that she had to join the family while they go berry picking. She wanted to decline so that she could spend the day figuring out how she got magical powers or even go shopping since Bulltin left her a bag loaded with coins. She agreed though after remembering that Hop Pop didn't have to accept her staying with them. 

Right now, she and the Plantars were in the forest, (Y/N) was reading through her notes while looking at the wild berries. (Y/N) stood behind Hop Pop with a basket attached to her back halfway filled with mushrooms. 

The only reason she stopped collecting was that she indulged in her phone. Hop Pop didn't worry since Anne was also supposed to be collecting some. Unlike the duo, he was carrying a basket filled with green and red berries with Polly on his back. "Now remember, green and red, be well fed. Blue and red, instantly dead," Hop Pop chanted. (Y/N) nodded at the information then glanced behind her to see Sprig load an arm full of berries into his mouth. "Oh, wait. Or was that, 'Green and red, instantly dead'?" Sprig in a panic spit all the berries out and walked away with his tongue sticking out. 

 She chuckled, watching him follow behind her and Hop Pop. (Y/N) then went back into her notes, quickly checking to find any more information on the berries. She smiled before looking to Sprig, "No it's blue and red, Hop Pop" Sprig smiled pulling his tongue back in his mouth.

"Oh, thank you (Y/N), (Y/N)" Hop Pop said.

"Wow you sure know a lot about plants, what else do you know?" Sprig asked, his eyes filled with sparkles from curiosity.

 (Y/N) shrugged turning away and looking to find Anne before spotting her picking up mushrooms, "I mainly rely on my phone which has all the books Steve had in his house. Yea sure there are things I've learned from him that are engraved in my mind but some stuff like the berries must've slipped right out." 

"Do you have anything on there about weapons," Polly turned to her surprising (Y/N) at her sudden interest. (Y/N) nodded flashing Sprig and Polly her dagger that was attached to her side, "I actually have my dagger. But if daggers aren't your thing, I could build you something more of your taste but only if Hop Pop will allow it" Polly and Sprig looked at her; their eyes now both sparkling in excitement. They looked at Hop Pop hoping for his approval.

"Now why in the frogs would any of you need to carry around a weapon? No none of you will get my permission to have anything dangerous for your and my safety," the two siblings' faces dropped, and they sighed at Hop Pop's authority. Hop Pop, not responding to their behavior went back to berry hunting. (Y/N) halted in her steps searching for Anne who was missing from her last position, her basket was left untouched. She searched for a few seconds but still no sign of Anne. She felt herself panic feeling a bit heated still searching, Sprig paused from following Hop Pop looking at (Y/N) in confusion at her sudden change in demeanor.

Noticing a pair of frog eyes looking at her, she rushed to Sprig with her arms on both of his shoulders. "Have you seen Anne?" Even though he heard the panic in her voice Sprig chose to not take it seriously. Not reading the room he jokingly says, "Oh it's fine Anne is always getting lost and almost eaten, that's why she's so much fun to be around" (Y/N) looked at the innocent-looking frog, feeling her right eye twitch. She was irritated by how reckless the plantars were when it came to Anne. 

Anne must have had such a harsh time while with the plantars, who are supposed to be just small-town farmers for frogs' sake. Aren't farmers supposed to be the safest people to care for a lost girl?

She did a few seconds of breathing exercises, she let go of Sprig, turning away from him. She started walking away from Sprig and started her search alone once again. I would ask Hop Pop but it would probably be better to find her alone so he could finish picking berries.