Chapter Sixteen | Double Trouble

Author's Note: 

helloo everyone ♡⸜(˶˃ ᵕ ˂˶)⸝♡ we're back with chapter sixteen!! truly, we are trying to keep posting consistently (even though it is pretty hard!) so bare with us while we figure it out!! 

this chapter is quite long! (wayyy longer than usual [don't get used to it!!])! we worked super super hard on this chapter so we hope you enjoy it ꒰ᐢ⸝⸝•༝•⸝⸝ᐢ꒱⸒⸒ 

if you do enjoy it make sure to comment on this chapter (it really means so so much to us!)

thanks a ton everyone!! 

lots of love, strawberriextrio 

"I-"

My body goes limp as I drop to the ground. 

My head thunders with bursts of pain. I groan in agony and everywhere starts to fade into a soulless dark abyss. 

Kathy's POV:

I ring again, anxiously waiting to see if Edward will pick up.

My hands shake as I clutch the phone in my hand. 

It rings. 

And rings. 

'Come on, Edward,' I press on, hoping and praying he'll answer. 

I need to tell him about Emma. 

My memory fades in and out my heart thumping with worry as the taxi pulls up to the hospital. 

I pay the driver and close the door so quickly, I don't even mutter a thank you. 

My legs carry me subconsciously and I run to the antiseptic scented building. 

I rush to Emma's hospital room, my eyes searching for where to go next. 

My heart pulsates and beats so loudly it's the only thing I hear. 

"Please be okay," I say to myself. 

"Please be okay." 

August's POV:

When Emma had called me last night, I was shocked. 

She had said that she needed someone to talk to and that she couldn't think of anyone but me. That inflated my ego. Just a little bit. 

I don't remember much and she was talking so fast and her voice was unsteady and- 

I shook my head, wiping the memory away. 

Now I sit outside her hospital room, tired as ever, but the worry that sits in my chest doesn't fade away. 

I sit down on the plastic chair, my eyes dangerously closing and drifting in and out of a sleep. 

I straighten my back and regain my posture, but my face remains drowsy and seconds away from falling into a deep, deep sleep. 

I look back at the room opposite me and my heart beats loudly with dreaded anticipation. 

All I want is for Emma to be okay. 

Edward's POV:

When I reach the entrance of the hospital, I feel as if my heart were to explode and disintegrate to a million pieces, maybe even more. 

I run to the elevator, the number of her room engraved into my mind, as I repeat it over and over again. 

I hear the slight chime of the elevator and it slides open. I step out as soon as it opens.