Chapter Nine | Hello Weekend

A/N:

Hello berries. 

This is Chapter Nine of Euphoria. We have decided to change it up a bit, and make it more of a normal type of chapter- one without a ton of drama. 

We hope you like this chapter! 

strawberriextrio

Kathy's POV:

An early-bird at heart, I wake up at the crack of dawn. 

It's 5:47am on a Saturday morning. 

I instinctively reach for my phone to text Emma a good morning, but then I remember. She's not necessarily a morning person. 

I put my phone down and get up, my back aching. I stretch my hands out, my back tensing. 

I yawn loudly- I don't even try to hide it. 

'Hello Weekend!' I scribble on the window and peek through it.

I make my bed quickly, and walk out of the room, craving breakfast. Usually I make my own breakfast. My parents don't wake up that early, 'we're not psycho enough to wake up at 5am on a weekend, Kathy.'  

I try my best to walk down the stairs quietly. It creaks loudly and squeakily as I go down each step. I jump the last two steps, my feet hitting the ground with a solid 'thud'.  

I hum quietly to myself, walking to the kitchen. I open up the fridge and cupboards trying to find something simple to make. I don't want to spend long cooking. 

My eyes find the egg carton- only one lonely egg remains.

Scramble eggs it is. 

I begin taking a pan out, which specifically belongs to me, because mum said, 'you'll scratch all the other pans'. She's not wrong though. I need to get a new pan soon. 

I place the pan on the stove- which is induction, my parents don't trust us enough- and the pan slowly heats up. 

I crack my egg into a bowl, scrambling it with a fork. I add a little bit of milk for fluffiness- though it never really becomes fluffy. 

Once the pan heats up, I pour my egg into the pan. 

It sizzles slightly. The egg takes form of the circular pan. 

I do my best scrambling it into equal and tried to make the eggs just a little bit fluffy. I'm not the best chef, I'll admit. Even Edward could do better- which I hate to admit, always made me jealous. 

Edward's POV:

Thud. 

I groan. 

I hate it when Kathy does that. 

I swear she forgets the house isn't soundproof. 

I rub my eyes and yawn loudly. 

It's too early for this.  

I sigh, and throw my blanket on the bed. I'm a strong believer of "why fold it if you're going to sleep again?" 

I walk out of my room and down the stairs. 

Kathy's eating, reading a magazine. 

"Morning," she greets without looking up. "You're up early." 

"Wonder why," I said sarcastically. 

She rolls her eyes. 

And for once, everything feels back to normal. 

Kathy's POV:

Outside, it's nice and cool. No one's really awake yet, besides Edward and I. The whole neighbourhood is quiet. 

The air smells earthy and refreshing, the temperature a slightly cooler morning breeze. 

I reluctantly leave my phone on the counter. It was just going to be nature and I, nothing else. Nothing else- except Edward.

It's been a long time since Edward and I have had a deep talk. One with no distractions. No sarcastic and witty remarks. No drama. 

"How's everything going, Ed?" 

He takes a slow, deep breath. "Alright." 

We walk without a specific route. Just walking and talking. 

"Lots of drama for the first few weeks of school, huh?" 

He sighs. "Can't really help it, really. Sorta just follows me around." 

I've never felt awkward talking to Edward. Other siblings might say otherwise, but it's how I've grown up with him. Constantly sharing. Secrets and troubles. 

"What about you?" he asks. 

"Just keeping up with Emma's drama. There's a ton of drama to keep up with, mind you," I reply. 

He laughs out loud. "I can tell." 

"What's going on between you two?" I ask. 

He sighs once again. "I don't know. Complicated stuff. Not really." 

"Do you really like her, Ed?" 

"I guess so." 

"Are you jealous?" 

Edward sighs, and shake his head. 

"Can we change the subject? Don't feel like bringing Emma into my weekend." 

"Yeah, okay," I say, agreeing. 

And so we walk and talk. Sharing secrets and troubles. 

Edward's POV:

My feet are aching by the time we reach home. It's been almost an hour. 

I open the door, still laughing with Kathy at something she said. 

She stretches her back, and walks up the stairs. 

I walk to the living room instead, resting my feet on the coffee table, relaxing. 

I click on the first thing I see. 

It plays in the background, the audio fading in my head. 

I'm not really concentrating on it. 

I sigh and relax, closing my eyes. 

I smile. 

Thank goodness it's the weekend.