Chapter Six | Rosy Cheek Syndrome

Author's Note: 

Chapter Six is here- with more than a thousand words! Thanks for reading this Chapter! Hopefully there will be more updates soon <3 xx, strawberriextrio 🍓

 ପ૮{˶• ༝ •˶}აଓ

Emma's POV:

"Emma!" 

"What?" I answered groggily. 

"It's time to get up." my dad says, as he pulls the curtains across loudly. 

I struggle to keep my eyes open. All I want is sleep. 

Dad stares as me with an amused expression. 

"You've been dreaming about someone?" 

"What?" I asked quite startled. It came out more as an auto-generated response; my body desperately clinging on to sleep. 

"Your cheeks- your whole face is red!" he says like it's the most obvious thing in the world. "So, you're going to tell me who it is?" 

I ignore him, but fix him a stony glare. He leaves the room with a bark of laughter and mumbled something- I didn't quite catch it- but I thought it sounded something along the lines of 'better be a good guy'. 

I groan in response but nonetheless checked the mirror. 

He was right. 

It wasn't entirely obvious- it really was

Mum had said once, before she left, that I got her looks- some less appealing than others- the excessive blushing, frizzy hair- her iconic line, Beauty is pain seemed to have reflected that. 

It was something she described as the Rosy Cheek Syndrome

Someone could call me an idiot. And I would still blush. 

I did get teased because of this but secretly - maybe just a little bit - I was happy for this little inheritance from my mother. It made me feel like I had something to connect with her even if she is miles away from me. 

Kathy's POV:

I'm stuck between two of my favourite people. 

Maybe not Edward. 

But still. 

They're the epitome of puppy love, almost. Not that I don't want them to be together. I just don't see it. Of course anything's possible. I'm a strong believer in it. But some things were just never made to be. 

When I'd ask Edward about Emma, he'd brush it off. I've never been in love, but if that's how people regard each other- is it really love? 

It could be just a silly little crush. I mean, it's the ideal timing for one as well. If they want to be together, and somehow it all becomes a cobweb ruined in the wind- I'd be right in the middle. 

Stuck. 

I'd have to console both people. 

And can I really do that? 

It's easy for Emma and Edward to say. I'm not in love, I shouldn't be talking. 

I shouldn't be stressing about it. For now they're two teenagers who are in love, in spite of all the things that could get in their way. 

And hopefully, it'll stay that way. 

And I won't have to be gathering up the broken pieces of cobweb, mending it back all together.