"Come in" He finally called out to Charlie who had resorted to sitting on the floor with his back on Nick's door.

Charlie scrambled to his feet immediately and opened the door just a jar to reveal Nick sat on his bed, still in his skirt. With just one single piece of wrapping paper crumpled on the floor. With the two gift bags standing neatly side by the side of his bed, side by side.

"Come in" Nick repeated, locking eyes with Charlie.

Naturally, Nelli leapt up and came to greet Charlie which made both boys smile, breaking the tension a little. Allowing Charlie to step into Nick's bedroom and close the door behind him.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have just come round like this. It was such a stupid idea I just thought that it'd be nice, y'know to suprise you, but-"
"No" Nick cut him off, moving over, inviting Charlie to sit on the bed next to him, "Don't apologise, I've-" He hesitated, watching Charlie sit down on the bed and Nelli jump on too. Settling herself at one end.

"I mean, I look fucking ridiculous" Nick scoffed, looking down at his skirt.
"No, you don't! I really like it"
Nick's eyes snapped up to meet Charlie's, "You do?"
"Yeah! You look so sexy" Charlie reached over to put his right hand on Nick's thigh which made Nick flinch a little and both their eyes snapped to Charlie's hand on Nick's bare thigh.

Charlie went to draw his hand away but Nick pushed it back down with his own.
"Really?" Nick's eyes were filled with both disbelief and hope.
"Yeah" Charlie said, just above a whisper and drew his hand further up Nick's thigh.
Nick's breath hitched at Charlie's movement and he instinctively put his hand on Charlie's jaw. Cupping it carefully and pulling him in for a kiss.

-

"You need to open the rest of your presents!" Charlie said excitedly, pushing Nick away and leaning over the bed for the two bags on the floor.
"You didn't have to" Nick smiled, accepting the bags into his lap.
"C'mon, open them!"

Nick sighed with a smile and looked into the first bag, there was  a medium sized present in there. Neatly wrapped up with a bow.

"How much did you spend?!" Nick said, slightly annoyed but flattered all the same.

Nelli got up to make her way to the bags and put her nose in the second one.

"Yes, there's something in there for you too, Nelli!" Charlie said, stroking her head.
Nelli nuzzled her head into Charlie's hand as if to say thank you.

"Charlie!" Nick chuckled, holding up the Adidas shirt, "This is so nice!"
"Thought you'd like it" Charlie said, smugly
"Thank you!" Nick dropped the shirt to throw his arms around him and of course Nelli had to join in on the excitement.

"Alright, let Nelli open hers" Charlie laughed, pulling away and taking out a long present out of the second bag, "Merry Christmas, Nelli" He smiled, putting the package at her feet.

Nick and Charlie laughed as she pawed away at it, getting more frustrated as she tried her best to open it.

"Here - look" Nick said, tearing the paper a little, "What is it, Nell- what's he got you?" He cooed and Charlie beamed at the sight. The guy he loved and his cute dog opening a Christmas present together.

Eventually, Nelli managed to open it and snatched the bone treat from the paper.

"I think you just made her year!" Nick said, pushing the paper onto the floor.

They watched Nellie for a minute, taking in how happy she was with the gift. Her being distracted, Nick reached for the other present in the same bag Nelli's was in.

"You've got me too much!" He said, exasperated.
"Now this one - I swear I didn't plan" Charlie said, holding his hand over Nick's to stop him from pulling it out of the bag any further, "I was actually nervous for this but- yeah, you'll see" Charlie smirked

Nick gave him a sceptical look, but continued to take the present from the bag once Charlie's hand was off his own.

From feeling it, Nick knew it was another item of clothing.

"Just open it!" Charlie shouted impatiently and Nick obliged, ripping open the paper to reveal a beautiful, baby pink skater skirt.

He held it up at arm's length, just taking it in. Without realising, tears sprung to his eyes and his throat was dry.

"Do you like it? Oh god, do you think it's hideous - I've got the receipt I can-"
Nick cut Charlie off with the biggest hug, he nuzzled his face into his shoulder and started crying. How did Charlie know? How could he possibly-

"I saw you looking at them a few weeks ago - remember when I snuck up behind you at lunch?"
Nick nodded into Charlie's shoulder.
"I was so scared to get it because I didn't know if I was completely wrong, but seeing you today, I knew I made the right decision. It's so nice isn't it? I couldn't leave it in the shop" Charlie rambled on and Nick just hugged him, his arms getting tighter around Charlie's shoulders as he spoke.

"Charlie" Nick finally pulled away, his face blotchy. He wiped his eyes, "You're- it's- thank you" He said, struggling with his words. Nick's lips pulled to a tight smile as he wiped another tear that was rolling down his cheek.
"Merry Christmas" Charlie whispered, the biggest smile on his face.

I'm not crying, you're crying 😭

Don't forget to vote if you liked it. We're at 45k reads and over 1k votes?! Love you all xx