Chapter 91: Honeymoon

(1084) Words

(Tony's POV)

After the ceremony, we went over to my parents house and had a small party there. Layla's dad and brother's family came. Cisco, Frostee, Echo, and Shashi came too. Nowhere and Palindrome came for a bit too.

Mom- So have you two picked where your going for your honeymoon?

Tony- No. We haven't really gotten that far yet!

Layla- Well we gotta go through our options.

Tony- Which are basically anywhere.

Layla- True.

Tony- What about Rio?

Layla- The place I was kidnapped and mind controlled. Where you had to come save me and we all almost died on many occasions? No thanks.

Tony- Well where would you like to go?

Layla- I think you know where I want to go.

Tony- Where?

Layla- Disn...

Tony- Layla! We were just at Disney a couple months ago!

Layla- Never mind. How about we compromise and just go to Disneyland.

Tony- Umm... that's not a compromise.

Layla- What if we just drove.

Tony- Drove where?

Layla- Wherever we want! We could go on a road trip. Just the two of us.

Tony- Now that's a compromise! And we could make a pit stop in Rio?

Layla- Only if there's a pit stop at Disney too!

Tony- Fine. When do you want to leave?

Layla- How about in a few days?

Tony- Sounds good! I don't have any plans.

Mom- Sounds like you two got a plan now.

We were about to cut the cake together, when Shashi walked up to Layla and whispered something in her ear. Layla nodded her head and he walked out in front of everyone. I leaned in towards Layla.

Tony- What's he doing?

Layla- Just wait.

Shashi- Hey everyone. I just wanted to say something before they cut the cake. So... as many of you know, I was a criminal. I was the one who turned Layla into a criminal. But, if you think about it in the long run, I think it all worked out pretty well. The only thing is, I don't think I deserved a second chance. But she believed in me. Layla Gray, sorry, Layla Toretto believed in me! She believed that since she had changed, I could too. And she convinced everyone in this room that I could change. So thank you. And I wish you two all the happiness in the world.

Layla had a few tears on her cheek. I pulled her in for a hug. After a minute, we picked up the cake knife and cut the first piece of our cake. I took a small piece of frosting and plopped it on Layla's nose. She then picked up the whole piece and smooshed it into my face.

Layla- Never challenge a Toretto.

We finished cutting the cake and hung out at my parents' house till it was dark outside. Layla and I hopped in the car and drove back to our house.