Chapter 15: The Roof

(656) Words

(Layla's POV)

I went up to the roof to watch the sunset. I love watching the sunset. It is just so beautiful! I was sitting on the edge of the roof and the sky was bright orange with some pink and blue. Then Toretto came and sat next to me. We had our legs dangling off the edge of the building.

Tony- Hey.

Layla- Oh hey.

Tony- Wow! The sunset is beautiful tonight!

Layla- Yea!

Tony- I guess now I know why you like to come up here.

Layla- It's always a great view up here!

Tony- As long as you're not afraid of heights!

Layla- We jump out of planes all the time! How could I be afraid of heights?

Tony- I don't know! I was just saying that this wouldn't be a very good place for someone afraid of heights.

Layla- Yea. I guess it wouldn't be very good.

Tony- Are you ready to finally catch Cleve tomorrow?

Layla- Yes! I am SO done with him! Especially since he kidnapped me!

Tony- That was scary!

Layla- When I got kidnapped?

Tony- Yea!

Layla- How was it scary for you?! I was the one grabbed and dragged away by random people! Then thrown in the back of a van! Then put in a terrible cell thinking I was gonna die!

Tony- I thought I would never see you again!

Layla- Why?

Tony- I thought that if we couldn't find Shashi, or if he really was dead that Cleve would kill you!

Layla- But why were you so worried about me?

Tony- Because I care! I care about you! I can't just let someone kidnap someone I really care about and get away with it! I was worried I wasn't gonna be able to save you.

Layla- You don't have to feel like you always have to save me!

Tony- But I feel like I do!

Layla- Why?

Tony- Remember when I saved you from the train?

Layla- Yea...

Tony- Well, I told you "I got you!" Then I always felt like I had to save you.

Layla- You know, I actually do the same thing.

Tony- Really?

Layla- Yea. I told you, "Trust me, I'll catch you!" And ever since then, I felt like I had to catch you if you were gonna fall.

Tony- Sounds like we both feel like we have to save the other.

Layla- Well, at least we know we got each other's backs!

Tony- Yea. I'm glad I have someone like you.

Layla- I don't like to admit it, but my life would be really different if you weren't a part of it.

Tony- Really?

Layla- Yea! I would still be a criminal if it wasn't for you.

Tony- Well... I like hero Layla better than criminal Layla.

Layla- Really!?

Tony- Yea. You're so much nicer than the old Layla. But I'm glad that you changed. You changed for the better and I am proud of you! That's hard to do.

Layla- Let's just say I had someone to push me to the good side.

Tony- And who would that be?

Layla- Who do you think?

Tony- Luke Skywalker!

We laughed together for a minute.

Layla- No... It's you, dummy!

Tony- ME!?

Layla- Don't pretend you're shocked! You're the one that said you "Care about me!"

Tony- Well I do... You didn't know that?

Layla- Well, I figured you care about me, just I don't know how you completely feel about me.

Tony- ha... well I mean... I don't... I don't know... I ummm...

He just kept stammering and wouldn't let me say anything. So I KISSED HIM! It was a small and short kiss. But I did it. I kissed Toretto!

Tony- Umm

Layla- You wouldn't shut up and I wanted to tell you how I feel, but I don't really like talking about my feelings.

Tony- Hey! Calm down... I umm... I like you, Layla.

Layla- Well it's kinda obvious.

Tony- WHAT! YOU KNEW?

Layla- Well yea! you're a terrible liar. You're also blind!

Tony- Hey, I was just trying to make you feel like you did the right thing when you kissed me.

Layla- Well... did I?

Tony- Yes! I never would have figured out that you liked me on my own.

Layla- Again, blind.