Chapter 65: Walking and Napping

(899) Words

(Tony's POV)

I woke up to Layla in my lap and her hair in my face... again. I really don't know how her hair is always on my face. I feel like she does this on purpose! I slowly shook Layla and she woke up.

Layla- What happened?

Tony- Nothing. I just woke you up.

Layla- What time is it?

Tony- Uhh...

I checked my phone. 7:28 AM. I showed Layla and she jumped up quickly.

Layla- They're gonna be here soon!

Tony- Who?

Layla- My brother and Annie! I'm watching her today!

Tony- Okay. So what are you all worried about?

Layla- I'm still in YOUR shirt!

Tony- That is my shirt... you go get ready and I'll take Annie for a few minutes.

Layla- You sure?

Tony- I'll be fine. Just go get ready!

Layla- Thanks. You're the best!

Tony- Now go!

She ran up the stairs and into her room. There was a knock on the door a few minutes later. I was about to go open it when I realized I didn't have a shirt on! I ran over to the couch and grabbed one of my shirts. I put it on and opened the door for Joey and Annie. Joey walked into the house and turned around and looked at me.

Joey- What are you doing here?

Tony- Uhh... It's kinda a long story.

Joey- Never mind... I don't wanna know... where's my sister?

Tony- Upstairs changing. She should be down soon.

Joey- I gotta go. I have a new job near our new home. I start today, so I gotta go. I'm just gonna trust you with Annie for now.

Tony- Okay. Good luck at work!

Joey- Thanks.

He handed Annie to me. He leaned in and kissed her head.

Joey- Bye sweetie! I love you!

He went to the door, walked out, and closed it behind him.

Tony- Bye.

Annie looked up at me and I looked down at her.

Tony- Hi Annie! Your aunt should be down soon. But you have to hang with me for now. You know... I could use someone to talk too!

Annie- Ahghg.

Tony- I'll take that as a yes... I love your aunt so much... but I feel like she isn't totally ready for me to move in. I'm still kinda scared about it.

Annie- Blaahaha

Tony- I know there is nothing to be scared of. But I just want everything to work out between us. I mean... I want to marry her someday!

Annie's eyes got big and a smile came across her little face.

Annie- Ahghghghghg

Tony- Wow... You're really easy to talk to!

Layla- Annie!

Tony- Oh hey, baby!

Layla- Hey. Give me her!

I handed Annie to Layla. I was hoping Layla didn't hear what I said about marrying her! I don't want her to get the wrong idea!

(Layla's POV)

I heard Toretto say the craziest thing! He said he wants to marry me! Does this mean he's gonna propose?! I thought we were taking it one step at a time! I ran downstairs and took Annie. I just started to act like I didn't hear anything.

Layla- Annie! I missed you so much!

I walked over to the living room with Annie and sat down on the couch. Toretto sat right next to me and put his arm around me.

Layla- Annie. Did your dad drop you off right before nap time?

Tony- Yea.

Layla- I'm gonna get the carrier and I'll let her nap on me. We can go out and take a walk. It's nice outside.

Tony- Okay.

Layla- Here... hold her for a second.

I walked upstairs and grabbed the carrier. I put the bottom part around my waist like a belt. I walked downstairs and Toretto sat Annie up against my chest. I held her and Toretto put the straps around my arms and clipped them in the back.

Layla- Thanks.

Tony- Of course. Do you need anything else before we go?

Layla- Nope. Let's go!

We started walking down the sidewalk and Toretto grabbed my hand.

Layla- Toretto.

I pulled my hand away from his.

Tony- What's wrong?

Layla- I... I heard...

Tony- Oh... how much did you hear?

Layla- The part saying you wanted to marry me.

Tony- You missed the rest! I said I want to marry you someday.

Layla- That's still a big deal! You said I'm the one you want to spend the rest of your life with!

Tony- I know! You are!

Layla- Shhh... Annie's sleeping.

Tony- Sorry. But does that mean you don't was to spend the rest of your life with me?

Layla- No! Of course, I want to spend the rest of my life with you! I'm just not ready to be married! You're about to be 20 and I will be soon too! I feel like that's too young to get married!

Tony- Yea. That's why I said someday. Not now! That's too soon.

Layla- So someday in the future. Like at least a year from now?

Tony- If that's good with you!

Layla- I love you Toretto!

Tony- I love you more Gray.

Layla- I love you most.

Tony- I love you mostest!

Layla- That's not a word!

Tony- Oh...

Layla- But that's what I love about you.

I grabbed his hand and we kept walking down the street while Annie slept.