Chapter 23: Ready For The Reunion

(374) Words

(Tony's POV)

Today is the Toretto Family Reunion. I have to get ready and make sure that Layla is okay to go. I know she promised she would take it easy, but I am still worried about her. I put on a clean white shirt and one of my new Toretto shirts. I fixed up my hair and wondered what Layla was doing. 

Tony- You ready to go Layla?

Layla- Umm... Yea... I guess.

She walked out and I saw something I have never seen before! She was wearing her hair down! It doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but trust me. It is a HUGE DEAL! Layla NEVER wears her hair down. I have to say, she looks like a different person with her hair down. It was super long and the ends were still green and pink. It looks like she curled it too. She had a crop top on under her leather jacket. I could see the gauze sticking out from the edge of her pants. 

Tony- Wow!

Layla- What?

Tony- I have never seen you with your hair down.

Layla- What!? There is no way you have never seen me with my hair down!

Tony- I'm serious!

Layla- Well, does it at least look good?

Tony- You look as beautiful as always.

Layla- Aww thanks Toretto. You look good too.

Tony- Come on, we don't want to be late!

I helped her to the car and we were on our way to the party. I turned the radio on and Layla started to sing along. I wish she would sing more often, cause she has a really good voice.

(Layla's POV)

We got in the car and turned up the radio. I was in a great mood and started to sing along to the music. When I started, Toretto looked over at me and just smiled his usual silly Toretto smile.

Layla- What?

Tony- Nothing.

Layla- What do you mean nothin? I'll stop singing if you want me to.

Tony- No don't stop singing. You sound great!

Layla- Yea right.

Tony- I'm serious! You have a really good voice! I wish you told me you could sing this well before!

Layla- Well, I didn't think I could sing very well.

Tony- What! You sing amazingly. Keep singing!

Layla- Fine. This is not going to be an all-the-time thing though.

Tony- We'll see!