Chapter 51: Dirty Looks From The Doorway

(734) Words

(Layla's POV)

Joey and Maria just finished packing up their stuff luckily they didn't bring a lot with them. They have the rest of their stuff at their old apartment.

Joey- Thanks for letting us come visit you! And for letting us stay here for a little while.

Layla- Of course. Your family.

Toretto glanced at me with his "did you say family again" look.

Layla- Oh shut up. Thanks for comin! And for letting me meet Annie!

Maria- Well, we want Annie to have some family members other than just Joey and me. We both spent a lot of our lives alone. We don't want the same for her.

Layla- I feel the same way. I don't want anyone to have to live all alone. It's horrible.

Joey- Alright. Well... if you need anything...we will be a few doors down the street!

Layla- Okay. See you guys!

Maria- Bye! Annie, wanna go say goodbye to Auntie Layla?

She handed Annie over to me and she looked at me for a second, then turned to Toretto and got a huge smile on her face.

Layla- What the heck Toretto! My niece likes you better?!

Tony- Everyone loves me!

Layla- Not everyone.

Tony- What! Who doesn't!?

Layla- I don't know. Maybe all of the villains you locked in jail!

Tony- Ohhhh. Right.

Joey- Okay. We better go! Bye, guys!
They got their duffel bags and started walking down the street to their new house.

Tony- Now about that list of people who don't love me.

Layla- Seriously!?

Tony- Yes seriously!

Layla- Why?

Tony- Cause I want to make sure you never end up on that list.

Layla- Toretto! I will never be on that list! I love you! Nothing can change that.

Tony- I love you too.

He moved closer to me. He put his hands on my waist and I put my arms around his neck.

Tony- Promise me.

Layla- Promise you what?

Tony- That you won't be on that list.

Layla- I promise, Toretto!

He moved in even closer to me.

Layla- but...

Tony- Why is there even a but!?

Layla- I only am ever truly mad at you when we're racing.

Tony- Oh same here. Now can I continue what I was gonna do?

Layla- What were you gonna do?

Tony- Kiss you.

Layla- In that case. Yes. You can continue.

He tipped his head down a little bit and kissed me. He pulled me in tighter and I pulled myself up, wrapping my legs around him. He held my lower back to keep me up. He is way stronger than he looks. He started walking while holding me. I don't know where, but I truly don't care right now. He flopped down on the couch and I went down with him. He paused and whispered in my ear.

Tony- Layla. I love you.

I started to kiss him again. We were there for a while and I didn't even realize how much time went by! I threw Toretto's black shirt he always wears across the room and he took off my jacket. Then we heard the front door fly open and my dad walked into the house! We jumped up and he just stared at us.

Dad- Umm. So. I found a house.

Layla- That's great dad!

I was trying to ignore the fact that my dad walking in on me and Toretto doing... stuff.

Dad- I should be able to move out soon. I'm gonna go get my stuff packed from the guest bedroom.

Layla- Okay.

Tony- Good luck with the new house Mr. Gray.

My dad gave him a dirty look and went upstairs and Toretto turned toward me.

Tony- I gotta go home and pack for our mission tomorrow.

Layla- Are you sure?

Tony- Yea. Your dad kinda killed the mood.

Layla- Yea. Sorry bout that.

Tony- Hey it's fine. Soon I'll be able to move in and we won't have to worry about him walking in on us again.

Layla- Okay. See you tomorrow at the garage.

He kissed me one more time and started to make his way to the door. He turned around and walked back across the room and picked up the shirt I had thrown on the floor. I laughed and he went back to the door. 

Tony- 7 am!

Layla- Got it! I love you!

Tony- I love you too! Bye!

And he walked outside, shut the door, and started up his car.