Chapter 29: Layla's Dad

(508) Words

(Tony's POV) 

Layla told her dad EVERYTHING. Well, not everything. She didn't tell him about us. I guess she didn't want to bring it up because it is new. We are still trying to figure out what is happening. 

Layla's Dad- So that has all happened in the past 5 years?!

Layla- Yea. 

Layla's Dad- Let me get this straight. You guys are spies, trying to save the world all the time. You have been doing this for 2 years?

Tony- Yup.

Layla's Dad- This is gonna take some time to get used to.

Layla- Yea it took time for me to get used to it too.

Layla's Dad- So what are you guys doing now. I mean while you wait for the next mission.

Layla- Umm. Well Nowhere won't let me go on a mission right now. 

Tony- And I'm not leaving you here while we go on missions.

Layla- So we are taking a break from spying while I heal up. But I'm fine! I can go on missions!

Tony- Umm, No... You can't drive right now. 

Layla groaned.

Tony- The doctor said no driving. And so do I. I want you to get better. Now stop complaining about me caring about you!

Layla- UHHH, FINE!

Layla's Dad- Ummm... what's happening here?

Layla- Umm... never mind. So... what's up with you?

Layla's Dad- Well a little after you kids left, I decided to give up drinking so I find you guys and apologize. I had no luck and everyone told me to give up. Then a little while later, I got a call from the hospital and came to see if you were okay. And if you wanted to see me.

Layla- I do want to see you. I missed you. I kinda wanna try and find Joey too. I'll see if Frostee can find him tomorrow.

Layla's Dad- Okay. Also, I don't really have anywhere to stay.

Layla- You can stay in the guest room. I'll show you where it is later.

(Here is Layla's house from the front door.)

Layla- The bedrooms are upstairs

Tony- I'll help you with your stuff if you want.

Layla's Dad- Sure. You can help, son.

Tony- Son?

Layla- He calls everyone younger than him, son.

Tony- Ohh.

Layla's Dad- Well... 

Layla- What?

Layla's Dad- Won't he kinda be my son?

Layla- What are you talking about?

Layla's Dad- I mean... Aren't you two together?

Layla- Well... Yea...

Tony- We just got together like a week ago!

Layla- We aren't rushing into anything.

Tony- Yea. Here, I'll take your bag upstairs. 

Layla- Yea, show him to the guest room for me, please. I really don't feel like hobbling up the stairs.

Tony- Yea. I got you.

Layla- Thanks Toretto.

She kissed me on the cheek and I grabbed her dad's bag and showed her dad upstairs. I agree with what Layla said. I do want to take things slow. I want this to work between us. I love her and I don't want to lose her!