Chapter 79: Eiffel Tower

(799) Words

(Layla's POV)

We all walked outside where the sky was still dark and full of smoke. We used our watches to call the cars, which arrived after a few minutes.

Ms. Nowhere- Kids. I will meet you in the city in a little bit. Go walk around. Enjoy the little vacation.

Layla- You know, vacations are normally a little longer than like 3 hours!

Ms. Nowhere- We gotta get back home!

Layla- Right. The gender reveal.

Julius- I am so excited about a baby sister or brother!

Gary- ME TOO!

Ms. Nowhere- Ugh. You know that makes me sound really old!

We all started to make our way toward the city. The only thing is... we were all talking about the mission and making fun of each other. Except Toretto. He's been super quiet. Something's up with him... and I'm gonna find out what it is. We pulled into the city and parked our cars on the side of the road. 

Echo- Woah!

Cisco- It's everything I ever dreamed of!

Tony- It's beautiful!

Layla- You can say that again!

Tony- It's beauti...

Layla- Seriously!?

Tony- What?

Layla- Nevermind... Frostee, which way to the Eiffel Tower?

Frostee pulled his phone out of his pocket and lead the way down the sidewalks.

Cisco- Frostee! When are we gonna be there?

Frostee- Dude!

Cisco- What?

Frostee- Chill out! 

Cisco- Sorry! I'm just so excited!

Echo was laughing through the whole thing.

Echo- Those two are killing me!

Layla- This one is killing me back here. 

I pointed to Toretto.

Echo- What's he doing?

Layla- Bein Tony.

Echo- Oh that makes sense!

We all turned around a corner and there it was... 

Cisco- THE EIFFEL TOWER!!!

Frostee walked behind me to Toretto

Frostee walked behind me to Toretto. I walked forward with Echo and Shashi. Cisco was sprinting towards the tower.

Layla- It is really pretty.

Then Cisco tripped and fell. Echo began dying of laughter. Cisco quickly got up and gave us a thumbs up. He started sprinting towards the tower again.

Shashi- Echo... you okay?

Echo- No... it's... it's too funny! I can't breathe!

She fell into Shashi's arms laughing.

(Tony's POV)

Frostee came back to me, while Layla walked up to Echo and Shashi.

Frostee- T... are you gonna... you know?

Tony- Yea... it's just... it's really scary!

Frostee- Why?

Tony- Because I love her! And what if she says no!?

Frostee- I thought she already told you she wants to marry you!

Tony- She did... but what if she changed her mind!?

Frostee- T! Just ask her! Listen... she loves you! She looks so happy when she's with you! Just do it!

Tony- Okay...

I walked up to the rest of the group.

Tony- Where's Cisco?

Layla pointed towards the tower and there he was. Running to it!

Tony- Of course. 

Layla- You good?

Tony- Yea... come on... let's go catch up to him.

Layla- Okay.

We all walked up to Cisco together. Cisco walked back up to us. Layla kept walking forwards a little bit. Frostee elbowed me and Cisco pushed me forward. Echo pulled out her phone.

Tony- Layla?

Layla- Yea?

Tony- It's pretty cool, huh?

Layla- Yea. 

Tony- Layla?

Layla- Yes Tony?

Tony- Umm... can I see your hand?

Layla- Okay?

She held her hand up and I took it. I took the ring off her finger.

Layla- Hey!

Tony- Layla... remember that walk we took. And you told me that you want to get married someday.

Layla- Yea...

There were tears in her eyes.

Tony- Well... I think that someday, is a lot closer than we thought.

Layla- Tony...

I knelt down with her ring.

Tony- Layla. I love you, more than anything in the world. I've saved you and you've saved me. I don't ever want you to leave my life. I love you in the past, present, and future. Layla Gray, will you marry me?

Layla- Yes! Yes, I will marry you, Tony!

I stood up and put the ring back on her finger. We kissed and everyone around us started clapping. When we looked at our family, Ms. Nowhere, Gary, and Julius were standing behind everyone else. Frostee and Cisco were crying and Shashi was telling Echo that he knew it. Gary and Julius came to hug Cisco and Frostee and we all went into a group hug.

Ms. Nowhere- Congratulations you two! 

Gary- I'm so happy for you guys!

Julius- Same here!

Ms. Nowhere- You know... if it wasn't for me, you two never would have met!

Shashi- What about me!? If I never recruited Layla and tried to take over the world, they never would have met either!

Cisco- I was the one that encouraged T to propose to her!

Frostee- If it wasn't for me, he wouldn't have done it! I had to give him this big speech!

Layla- How about we just say it was destiny!

Tony- Yea. I like that.

We all went back to the spy plane and Gary started to fly us home to LA. Tomorrow, we have to set up the gender party. At least that's what Ms. Nowhere told us.

Emoji-  🔫