Chapter 30: Sleepover

(415) Words

(Layla's POV)

Toretto showed my dad upstairs to the guest room. I turned the tv all the way off and let out a loud sigh. Toretto walked back downstairs and came and sat right next to me. 

Layla- Toretto. Do you think I'm doin the right thing?

Tony- Of course! You are finally letting your dad back into your life. He is happy to be back and I'm sure he missed you like crazy over the years.

Layla- Really?

Tony- Yes! Now quit worrying. You need to rest. Or you're never gonna get better. And you know what that means?

Layla- What?

Tony- No more driving!

Layla- What? Boo!

I started to giggle and Toretto smiled his stupid Toretto smile. I love when he smiles like that. It is just so comforting and special. I know he is truly happy when he smiles like that. No one could fake a smile like that. Not even the greatest actor! 

Layla- Thanks Toretto. Are you gonna stay or are you going home?

Tony- That all depends. Where would I sleep? 

Layla- Well I was gonna say in the guest room, but my dad's in there. So why don't we have a little sleepover?

Tony- Like I sleep in bed instead of on your couch?

Layla- Yes!

I giggled again and he made the same smile!

Tony- You should probably go to bed though. You need the rest. Since you haven't been sleeping lately.

Layla- Fine. But you have to go to bed too.

Tony- Well I'm not letting you walk up those stairs alone.

We got up and Toretto helped me up the stairs. I got ready for bed and Toretto and I climbed into bed. I am not kidding when I say the second my head hit the pillow, I WAS OUT!

(Layla's Dad POV) 

Layla will never know this, but I heard her and Tony. He was encouraging her that she made the right choice by letting me stay in her life. But the truth is, I am not just looking to get back into her life. I a trying to find my son, Joey. Yes, I'm glad to see Layla again, but I also want to find Joey! Layla is 19, so her brother would be 25. Jake would have been 29! I am so sad to hear that he is gone. I don't know if it will ever be the same as it was. But I did stop drinking. I am over that. It didn't help me before and I want to find my son. Drinking won't help that.