Chapter 12: The Rescue

(634) Word

(Layla's POV)

I was watching my ring to see if Tony would tell me when they were coming to get me. Then I got the text! It said, "On Our Way!" A few minutes later the hauler pulled up and I got ready for a guard to come and get me.

I saw Shashi, well Tony but in the suit. 

Cleve- Well... welcome back from the dead, Shashi. 

Tony- Same to you Cleve.

Layla- Can we hurry this up?

Cleve- What. Are you in a hurry to get back to your little family?

Layla- Uhh yea!

Tony- Let's just get this over with Cleve.

Cleve- Fine on the count of 3 let go of both of them and switch sides.

1...2...3!

The guards let go of me and I ran to the crew. 

Tony was walked to the cell that I was in. I hope this plan works so he can get out too!

(Tony's POV)

I was in that cell for a little while. I don't know how Layla stayed here for so long. I am already going crazy! I waited till the exact time to escape. The plan was to fall on the floor and have the guard open the door. Then I leave the guard in the cell and get out. 

I fell to the ground and yelled. The guard looked into the cell, opened the door, and came in. I quickly punched him and ran out of the cell. I ran to the door and then out of nowhere, a huge guard ran into me, knocking me onto the ground!

Tony- OWW!

Then all of a sudden the guy fell flat on his face! I saw Layla standing behind him! She smacked him in the head with a crowbar! 

Layla- Come on, Toretto! We gotta get out of here!

Cleve- Toretto?!

Layla- RUN!!

We ran to the hauler and Cisco floored it! Then a whole bunch of Cleve's cars started chasing us. 

Tony- Why can't a plan ever work and us NOT end up in a chase?

Cisco- HANG ON!!

Then the hauler shook as we swerved around a car that was coming straight at us. We swerved and spun! We lost them for a minute on a turn after the light changed and dozens of cars came from the other direction, blocking their way.

Ms. Nowhere- Hurry! Pull into the ally and cloak the hauler!

Cisco- Alright!

We pulled in and cloaked. Then all of the cars flew past.

Cisco- Pheeeew! 

Frostee- Layla!! We did it!

Layla- Thanks,  you guys!

Tony- Of course. What were we supposed to do? Leave you with that crazy guy?!

I pulled her into a tight hug. When I pulled away she still had a big smile on her face. 

Shashi- Hey, Layla.

Layla- Shashi. You really are alive.

Shashi- Yea...

Layla walked up to him and they hugged. 

Frostee- GROUP HUG!

We all hugged and then Ms. Nowhere interrupted it.

Ms. Nowhere- Glad we're all together again. But now we have to figure out what to do about Cleve Kelso.

Shashi- We have to go stop him!

Layla- We?

Shashi- Yea. I'll stay to stop Cleve. Then, I assume I'm going back to jail.

He looked over to Ms. Nowhere.

Ms. Nowhere- Of course!

Layla- Nowhere! He isn't the same criminal he used to be. He helped us before and he is willing to do it again. We could use the extra help!

Ms. Nowhere- He was a criminal!

Layla- So was I! You gave me another chance! Why shouldn't he get one?

I leaned closer to Shashi and whispered to him.

Tony- I told you she believed in you!

Ms. Nowhere- Fine. Shashi, this is your LAST chance to change for the better.

Shashi- Thanks. I'll take that chance. I am done with the criminal life. It is so lonely!

Layla smiled and came back over to me. 

Layla- Thanks for coming back for me. 

Tony- Of course. 

Frostee- T was totally OBSESSED with getting you back!

Layla smiled and walked back over toward Shashi.