"Don't push your luck,William"
"I won't Lexie, just don't give up on us"
"We're still in the testing phase,I could say no to you when it ends"
"Lexie" he says in a dominating tone
"Yes" I answered back defiantly
"Don't test me" he warns
"What if I want to?"
"Trust me you'll regret it darling"
"Are we doing this?"
"The endearment thing?"
"Maybe we are"
"William,good night"
"Good night babe"
*the call ends*

I can literally feel the butterflies having a dance party in my stomach. I think I like William a little too much and I just don't want to be real about it. Maybe it's because you keep dwelling in the past, Laila. Wake up! My subconscious screams at me.

*Flashback*
Sometime over the summer of Sophomore year. 
Laila is smiling at her boyfriend who is looking down at her with a nervous smile. She has no idea why's he called her there without telling her anything, he leans in to kiss her ever so lightly and she kisses him back before pulling away with a smile. 

Her brows were creased though because she knew her man didn't like PDA, she was surprised that he had kissed her but she knew there was either extremely good news for her or it was terrible news. 

"Baby, I want you to know that in my seventeen years of life no one except my Mom has shown me love the way you have and you're the best thing that has happened to me" 

"Oh, love, you're going to make me cry if you talk like that"  Laila says slowly in a raspy voice. 

"Don't cry, babe. You know how weak I get when you cry" 

"I know" She giggles and they both smile but his face falls again. 

"Laila" 

"Yeah" She answered looking down at their joined hands between them. 

"Let's break up" Laila looked up at him in disbelief. 

"You don't mean that, no, you don't and I'll pretend I didn't hear it" 

"I promise I'll tell you why we had to break up some day but for now,  this is how it has to be" 

"No, no, babe. You can't do this to me"  Laila sniffled as tears welled up in her eyes. 

"I don't want to do this either. You know how much I love you"  He placed his forehead on hers with an exhale. 

"I know, I love you" 

"I love you so much, Alexandria Woods"  He kissed her again, long and slow as if he was trying to numb the hurt with the sensuality and love he poured into it. She felt a tear fall onto her face just before he pulled away, he gathered in his arms for a minute before getting up to leave. 

"Don't leave" Laila pleaded still sniffling.

"I hope we'll meet again soon"  He turned around and walked off, Laila was left behind crying but he looked destroyed walking away from her. He was soon gone and Laila realized that she had to hide her face and leave before anyone saw her and put it in the tabloids. 

She slipped on a pair of shades she had in her bag, stood up and walked to her car before driving off. Laila knew at that moment that she wouldn't be seeing him for a long time but even worse she knew she was going to have to pick up the pieces of herself that were broken and shattered, she was going to piece herself back together alone.

The reality of the whole situation made her feel like her heart had been ripped out of her chest, she wasn't sure how to hold it together because she really loved him.
*Flashback ends*