Chapter 45

Chapter 45: Xiao Huan

    Inside the Lama Temple.

    The Lama Temple is relatively close to the Emperor's Zichen Palace, and the name also sounds expensive and grand, and it is usually arranged for the most favored concubines. The Lama Temple has not arranged for anyone to live in it for a long time, but now Yi Concubine has the throne of the first palace as a concubine, and even the prince does not live with him. I don't know how many people hate it.

    The main hall of Lama Temple is burning with the sweet fragrance of pears, and white smoke slowly emerges from the incense burner. Yi Concubine is brewing tea with a teapot. Her posture is graceful, and every movement is pleasing to the eye.

    Today, she is wearing a pale green palace dress, with auspicious cloud hairpins made of emerald jade in her hair, which looks very unique and makes people's eyes shine.

    Emperor Xiao Qi was sitting on the couch behind Yi Concubine, leaning on the cushion with his back on the cushion and holding the small mahogany table on the couch.

    Director Zhao walked in from the outside lightly, stopped slowly beside the emperor, and said in a low voice, "Your Majesty, His Royal Highness the King of Chu came to thank you.

    " at a glance.

    "Hmm...?" The emperor opened his eyes with a confused expression. After he woke up, he said, "Let him come in."

    "Yes." Director Zhao received the order and went out and called Xiao Yu who was waiting outside.

    Xiao Yu was still wearing sapphire blue clothes with dark lines, and his hair was tied with a golden crown. He was a thin type, and he and Xie Yinge learned martial arts, so he looked tall and energetic.

    "My child pays respects to the father, the father is Wan'an." Xiao Yu saluted respectfully as soon as he entered the door, without the slightest expression. After the emperor nodded, he saluted Yi Concubine, like an emotionless machine.    

    "Come and sit." The emperor's tone was flat, and he pointed to the chair next to him. Yi Concubine had been in Yanqing Palace before, and he didn't want to see Xiao Yu, so he didn't care about this son, so he didn't care.

    When I saw it today, Yi Concubine was by my side again, and the more I looked at Xiao Yu, the more I liked it.

    "I only remembered that it was your seventeen-year-old birthday when I talked to your mother yesterday, and I was negligent before."

    "My son, I would like to thank the emperor for his concern. The emperor is in charge of every day. It's just a birthday. How dare I bother you." Xiao Yu stood up and replied.

    While talking here, Yi Concubine's tea has been brewed. She holds a wooden tray in her slender hand and gives the father and son a cup of tea.

    "As a rule, the birthday of the prince should not be a big deal. You are almost old, so I thought about letting you seal the king's house and stay away.  Next year, when the rest period is over, I will participate in politics with King Wu to share my worries."

    The emperor picked up the teacup and took a sip. There were already some obvious wrinkles on his face, and he looked a little old.

    "Yes, Royal Father." Xiao Yu's face was light, and there was no enthusiasm at all.

    "Your Majesty is really joking." Yi Concubine sat on the other side of the small table, reached out and took a fresh tribute citrus and started peeling it. White nails pierce the peel of the citrus, dropping a tinge of yellow on top. "Yu'er is still young, I'm afraid that she has no experience and is not enough to share the worries of Your Majesty."