6.8 - The Dark Labyrinth (Team A sidestory)

Start from the beginning

"Charlie??"

"Something's wrong!! I-I can't reach where you guys are!" her voice sounded partially muffled due to being on the other side of the wall. Epel pushed against the wall, feeling glass like her, making him scared as well.

"What's going on?!" But his fear went up as he saw her starting to break apart piece by piece like a pixelated figure, stating from her fingertips. "CHARLIE!!!"

"MILADY!!!" Both Rook and Vil tried to break the glass, forcing her figure to break apart faster as she pleaded for help, helplessly hitting the glass as she began to cry, her tears becoming pixels to match with her. It wasn't before long til her face became the last thing to vanish, dampening the trio's spirit.

"CHARLOTTE!" Vil screamed hitting the glass in frustration, but the simulation before them booted up, forcing him to start the game without his permission. The small monsters as well as the rock giant however, seemed to have gained some sentience, and began to throw stronger attacks than normal, depleting the team's energy faster, until they were knocked off their feet in exhaustion and the simulation booted down.

"No...We...we lost?!" Rook breathed, trying to get some air into his lungs.

"Afraid so....but that's due to the game has reached a far more difficult level than how I recalled! We lost on purpose." Vil got to his feet.

"Ahahahaha! And you lost almost imeediately! Sore loser!" Ortho taunts. "That means I can't let you through! You're too weak to beat this level on max difficulty!"

"Ugh...like brother like robot it seems..." Vil scoffs.

"Oh....is that what you think...? Well, maybe you're right. Nii-san and I are alike!...However....you seem like you've got potential, so it shouldn't end here so soon. How about a second chance? And maybe....throw in a little fun into the mix. You pass the level..." From a space up in the air, a crystal bubble floated, revealing Charlie's figure inside, body hanging by her wrists, unconscious. "...And she'll be released!"

"CHARLOTTE!" the three scream in fear.

"What have you done to her?!" Vil sneers.

"Just put her in a small state of stasis. I wanted to see what power each of you really held! And from what my sensors gathered, Charlotte Luchessi is leveled in high enchantments and powerful magic that hasn't been seen in years! Having her would be a bit of a hacking through the level! So I sealed her away from you three just in case~!"

"So her disappearing....that was you!" Epel put the dots together.

"Exatamungous! So, what are you waiting for~? Game Start!" This time, the three were prepared as they focused on using their powers in sync to damage the robots and annihalate the rock monster in sync, beating the level.

"Hell yeah! We beat the level!" Epel smiled.

"Well~! It seems your tactics changed instantly! But don't think things will get easier from this point on~! Anyhoo, you pass, and I'll release Charlotte." Ortho relents. "But if what Nii-San said was true....Vil suits a tank...then what would Rook and Epel be labeled as...maybe even Charlotte herself?! I'll just have to see how this tripe acts when they reach newer levels~! See you at the next gate~!"

The doors in front of them hissed open and all three tumbled out as the smoke cleared around them. But there laid Charlie, on the ground and her body still as death.

"Charlie!!" Epel and Rook ran to her, the latter gathering her in his arms as her head rested on his shoulder for support.

"Milady, say something!" He begged as Epel checked her pulse. It was normal, thankfully. A groan of exhaustion slipped past her lips as her eyes crinkled open and looked around carefully.