"Sienna?" Dimitri asked in surprise, not expecting me to be standing on his doorstep at three in the morning.

"I really need your help," I sniffled, wrapping my arms around him.

He stroked the back of my head and kissed my forehead. "Whatever you need, darling."

Closing the door and leading me over to the couch, he sat me down and went into the kitchen. When he returned, he sat down beside me. Drink," he instructed, twisting off the cap to the water bottle in his hand and pressing it to my lips.

I took a sip, welcoming the cool liquid as it touched my dry tongue. I swallowed, sighing in content as the water traveled down my throat.

Dimitri instructed me to take a couple more sips before setting the water bottle down. "You look so thin, darling." His eyes raked over me, concern marking his handsome features. What's going on?"

I filled him in on everything that had happened. He listened intently, processing everything I was telling him in a meticulous manner. I even told him what Tristan told me about what happened with his parents. And that Tristan had nothing to do with their murder.

"Please help me find Tristan. I know something's wrong. I can feel it," I told him, clutching my rapidly beating heart.

His blue eyes search my hazel green ones. "You're in love with him," he observed, disappointment laced in his tone. I nodded. He swallowed, the little ball in his throat bobbing up and down. "Okay," he said softly. "I'll help you find him."

Throwing my arms around him, I pressed my lips to his neck. "Thank you, Dimitri." 

His hands settled on my hips as he drew in a deep breath. "Of course, darling. I'd do anything for you."

****

Dimitri sped down the road, using the GPS to track down Tristan. I don't know how he did it, but he managed to hack into Tristan's phone and use that to pinpoint his exact location.

According to the GPS, Tristan was in some abandoned warehouse. The tugging sensation deep within my stomach grew with each passing minute Tristan wasn't by my side.

Dimitri drove through a red light, cutting off other vehicles on the road as he swerved lanes. I didn't think he suddenly stopped wanting to get revenge on Tristan. 

But I do think he knows that if he hurt the one I loved that I would never forgive him. And to him, that was far worse than getting revenge on a man who was just a child at the time when Agostino ordered Dimitri's family to be killed.

"I need to make a confession," Dimitri said, his grip on the steering wheel tight. He waited until my gaze settled on his face. "Ever since you walked out on our date, I've been keeping a close eye on you."

"What?"

So that day when I was leaving the diner and happened to bump into him... It wasn't a coincidence?

"I was pissed when I found out you fucked Tristan Lucci and gave birth to his child. You were mine. Not his. Mine." His grip on the steering wheel became even tighter, his knuckles ghostly pale in color.

I could feel my eyes beginning to well up with tears. "W-Why are you telling me this? Why now?"

He turned his head to look at me, pulling his gaze away from the road. "I'm in love with you, Sienna."

"Dimitri, don't." The tears I tried so hard to keep from falling began to roll down my cheeks.

"I'm not asking you to choose. I already know your answer. I knew the moment you called out his name and not mine when we were having sex."