Chapter 42

Three weeks later
I haven't heard from Tristan in weeks. It's like he just disappeared off the face of the planet. No one can get a hold of him and I'm starting to worry. 

Something has to be wrong. Tristan wouldn't just leave us. He wouldn't just leave me. It's not like him to simply abandon us.

A soft knock at the door does nothing but prompt a groan out of me. I don't look over, even after the door is opened and Rosalie's sweet voice fills the silent, dark room.

"Sienna, you have to eat something."

Another groan leaves my lips as I bury myself deeper into the bed sheets. I'm comfortable. I don't want to move, nor do I want to eat or converse.

"Tristan would want you to eat, Sienna."

Tristan...

"Don't... Don't say his name."

His name hasn't left my lips in so long. I don't even remember what his name feels like on my tongue. God, I should be out there trying to find him. He would search the ends of the earth to find me. So why am I not doing the same?

Oh, that's right.

Enzo forbade me to leave the house. Apparently, Tristan gave him specific orders to keep me in the house to risk being seen.

I've never listened before, so why am I suddenly listening now? Well, it's because for so long I'd only thought about myself. Even when I was telling myself that every decision I made was for Mateo. When really it was for me. Me, myself, and I.

So for once, I'm going to do what Tristan says and stay in the house.

I shrink into myself when I feel the bed dip behind me. "You love him, don't you?"

Tears roll down my cheeks. I didn't realize how much I loved him until I realized how much I hate being without him. 

Being separated sucks tremendous ass. It's a feeling you never want to experience. There's so much pain and anxiety, a ravenous hunger clawing at your insides and screaming at you to feed it. To rid yourself of the hunger you know will only be satiated once your back in their arms.

"I do," I eventually admitted, my voice barely above a whisper as I silently sobbed in my pillow.

"He'll come back. He always comes back."

I heard movement, the springs embedded within the mattress popping back into place. I listened to the sound of Rosalie's soft footsteps before the door creaked closed.

I slept for another hour, the time on the clock reading seven pm by the time I actually forced myself up and out of bed. I trudged downstairs, Rosalie watching the kids eat dinner at the table. 

It looked like Spaghetti, Mateo's mouth, hands, and shirt covered in red sauce. He giggled when he saw me, his eyes bright, his little toes wiggling in the high chair he was sitting in.

"Ma-Ma!"

I gasped in shock. I ended up breaking down in tears because I've been selfish. Yet again, I've only been thinking of myself. Tristan would lose his shit if he knew I wasn't performing my motherly duties.

Walking into the open dining area, I hugged Mateo to my chest. He wasn't sure what was happening, a noodle hanging out of his mouth.

I kissed his head and whispered lowly, "don't worry, baby. Mommy's going to find daddy."

****

I waited until everyone was asleep, before stealing the keys to Enzo's car. Since Tristan wasn't answering any of my text or calls, I went to the one person I knew would be able to help me find him.