Chapter 36

I had no choice but to bring Cyrus along. He threatened to snitch, so I was stuck thinking of ways to ditch him.

When we were a block away from where Dimitri told me to meet him, I lied and told him that I needed tampons and pads for my extra heavy and bloody period. 

I exaggerated quite a bit, but I needed to make sure he stopped.

Cyrus being well... Cyrus, became flustered and wasted no time parking in front of a gas station. He tried to follow me inside, but I told him that I would feel better if he stayed in the car.

I was surprised he actually fell for it. I was kind of expecting him to put up a fight like Angel and Rafaele always do.

"It's going to be a while. You know, I have to find the right brand. Unless of course you don't mind me making a mess in the car-"

"No!" He said quickly, waving me off and refusing to make eye contact. "Please, take all the time you need."

Getting out of the car, I rolled my eyes and smiled.

Men.

Heading into the building, I located the feminine products. I grabbed the first box off the shelf, paid for it in cash, and waited until Cyrus was no longer watching me. When the coast was clear, I hurriedly walked to my destination.

It was dark out, so I couldn't see much. But it looked like we were at the same park he took me and Mateo. I pulled out my phone, getting ready to text him but stopped when I heard him call my name.

"Sienna."

I looked up from my phone, Dimitri waving me over from the bench he was sitting on. Jogging over to him, he stood up to hug me and I stepped back. "Talk."

His eyes slowly traveled down my body and back up to me. If he hadn't lied to me and I wasn't with Tristan, I probably would have melted on the spot.

He swallowed, speaking in that sexy voice of his. "You look good, darling."

"Thanks."

"You should uh... sit down. What I'm about to tell you isn't going to be easy."

I sat down, because the uncomfortable look on Dimitri's face told me I wasn't going to be ready to hear what he was about to tell me.

Dimitri cleared his throat, unable to meet my eyes. "When I was twelve years old-" He swallowed, visibly having a hard time. "-a group of men broke into my house. They shot and killed my father. Then they gang raped my mother. And when they were done with her, they killed her too."

"Dimitri, I'm... I'm so sorry."

He just nodded. "My older sister and I were hiding under the bed when it happened. We saw everything." A tear fell from his eye, which he quickly wiped with the back of his hand.

"Is your sister okay?" I asked softly.

"Yeah. She's living happily in Texas with her husband and two kids."

I released the breath I was holding, relieved to hear that she was okay. I probably would have burst into tears if he had told me she died too. And I was already on the brink of breaking down.

Sorrow quickly turned into anger, Dimitri balling his hands into a fist. "Do you want to know who ordered those men to do what they did?" I didn't want to know. If it was Tristan, I wouldn't be able to forgive him. "Agostino and Tristan fucking Lucci."

The tears I was trying to keep from falling rolled down my cheeks. "Why? Why would they do that?"

"Because my father was their rival." Dimitri lifted his shirt and turned, pointing to the detailed tattoo of a bird wing that started from his shoulder and stopped just above his elbow. "I'm the son of former Russian Mafia leader, Liev Sokolov."

Seriously!? How the hell did I end up fucking another man in the Mafia?

He lowered his shirt and turned back around to face me. "My father and Agostino agreed to put an end to the rivalry between our families. Things were going good for a while. But then someone started stealing the drugs that were being smuggled in. They got into an argument about it and the contract keeping our families from killing each other ended."

"Is that when..."

He looked down, drawing in a deep breath. "Yeah, which is why you saw me talking to Agostino. Well, arguing. He's the one who told me who you were. And now that I think about it, he's probably the one who hacked into my surveillance cameras and sent that video of us."

"If he's the one who killed your parents, then why were you even talking to him?"

"He found out I'm the one who's been killing Tristan's men."

I froze, speechless and wide eyed. "What? So you're the one who almost killed me and my son!?"

Dimitri nodded slowly. "I'm sorry. I didn't know Tristan had a fam-"

I struck him across his face, the impact causing my hand to sting. Dimitri's head jerked to the left, his face red from where my hand had come in contact with his cheek.

"You fucking bastard!" I spit out venomously, angry and hurt because yet again, Dimitri has proven to be untrustworthy. 

I was even more upset with myself because I was the one who brought my son into his home. And I was the one who fucked the man who almost killed my son.

Abruptly standing to my feet, Dimitri grabbed my wrist and I shoved him off me. "Don't fucking touch me!" I shouted, tears streaming down my face.

"Sienna, wait! There's something else you need to know."

"I don't fucking care, Dimitri!"

"Mateo's in danger!"

I stopped in my tracks, wiping my eyes and whipping back around to look at him. "What?"

"Agostino is planning to kidnap Mateo, and he has help from someone on the inside."

My heart dropped. "From who?"

"From someone working for Tristan. I don't know who. But if you let me, I can protect you and Mateo. I can keep you two safe."

Twisting back around, I continued walking back the way I came. "No! Fuck you! You've done enough!"

Making my way back to the gas station, I paused when I saw Cyrus standing outside of the building talking to an outraged Tristan. They both turned to look at me, Cyrus sighing with relief.

"What the fuck were you thinking!?" Tristan shouted, walking up to me and grabbing my arm.

"Let go of me!"

Tristan held on. "Where the fuck did you go!?"

"None of your damn business!" I retorted, yanking my arm free and stumbling back a few steps.

"You are my damn business!"

I ignored him, getting into the back of Cyrus' car. I needed to get home to my son. Tristan's father is trying to take my son away from me just like he did to Mrs. Lucci.

And if he thinks I'm not going to do all I can to protect my son, then that son a bitch is sorely mistaken. 

Agostino Lucci messed with the wrong fucking one.