Chapter 40

Sienna's POV
I called GiGi back after Tristan left, apologizing to her for Tristan's rude behavior. I thought she was mad, but she was far from it.

In fact, she applauded me for it. Not the part about Tristan hanging up on her, of course. She even gave me some tips, which I may or may not use in the future.

After speaking with her, I called my parents. I didn't tell them that Tristan and I were together. They haven't quite gotten over him kidnapping me. Which I don't blame them for. What Tristan did was unforgivable. But I'm hoping that one day they will see him the way I'm starting to see him.

"Say hi to grandma and grandpa, Mateo," I said, pointing to my phone screen.

Mateo was in his own little world until he heard their voice, my mom and dad calling his name to try and get his attention. When he realized, he started laughing so hard he farted.

The smell was so foul that I cursed in Italian, Mateo noticing the way my face twisted in disgust. He laughed, finding humor in the whole thing.

"Okay, someone clearly needs his diaper changed. Say 'bye-bye'." Mateo didn't perform the motion until he saw his grandparents, in which I told them I loved them and ended the call. 

Mateo kept farting, the sound grossly wet. I groaned, dreading the thought of changing his diaper. 

Luckily for me, Tristan walked in. Which meant that I wouldn't have to deal with whatever explosive diarrhea was waiting for me in that diaper. Mateo clapped his hands together, squealing loudly when he saw his father.

"Come get your son, please." I held Mateo up in the air, grimacing from the rancid smell that infiltrated my sinuses and singed the little hairs in my nose.

Tristan looked at me with confusion, taking a few steps towards me before pausing dead in his tracks. "What the hell is that?"

"Who do you think? It's your turn to change his diaper."

"Hell no."

He started walking towards the bedroom, so I got up from the couch to follow him. Cyrus gagged when I walked past him, Mateo still clapping and laughing. 

I followed Tristan all the way into the bathroom where he was standing in front of the toilet. Flushing the toilet, he pulled his pants back and moved over to the sink.

As soon as he finished washing and drying his hands, I shove Mateo in his arms. "Sienna, I'm not playing with you. Get this stinky ass baby away from me."

"Make sure you keep your mouth closed," I advised, exiting the bathroom. "He's a sharp shooter just like his daddy."

Tristan wasn't amused.

****

Tristan went through almost twenty diapers trying to figure out how to put Mateo's diaper on correctly. I've showed him before several times, but he just doesn't seem to grasp the concept.

He quickly lost his temper when he accidentally touched shit. Mateo had already peed all over his suit, so that was the last straw.

He yelled for me to grab Mateo, while he rushed to wash his hands. Still feeling gross, he stripped out of his clothes and hopped into the shower.

He's being so dramatic.

I rolled my eyes, and worked to put Mateo's diaper on the right way. It took me two seconds where it took Tristan a half an hour just to end up putting Mateo's diaper on backwards.

Picking up the other diapers Tristan wasted, I brought Mateo into the main area and placed him in his playpen. Handing him one of his blocks, I left to go check up on Tristan.

"Feel better?" I asked once he finished his shower and walked back into the bedroom. He simply glared at me, before rummaging through his dresser for a change of clothes.

I sat on the bed and watched him get dressed. "You owe me a shit ton of diapers," I pointed out.

"You know where my card is."

I walked over to the nightstand on his side and retrieved his wallet from the drawer. Flipping it open, I spotted the gold card and grabbed it before putting his wallet back.

I was almost out of the bedroom door when Tristan said, "bring Angel and Rafaele with you."

I huffed in annoyance. "Seriously?"

"Either they go with you, or you don't go at all. Your choice," he replied without looking up.

"Fine. Whatever," I muttered.

****

Instead of just grabbing diapers like I was supposed to, I treated myself to some shopping. I went to five different stores, buying and anything I saw.

I had Angel and Rafaele all over the place, the two of them trying their best to keep up with me.

Angel told me it wasn't a good idea to invite GiGi, but shopping is so much better with friends. When I told her everything was on me, -well on Tristan- she ended up collecting more bags than me.

"This is so much fun," GiGi exclaimed, glad to be spending time with me.

It was great to see her in person. We've been reduced to phone conversations because Tristan didn't want me leaving the house with everything that's been going on with his psychotic ass father. I was surprised he even let me go to the store.

"Tristan's probably going to be pissed when he finds out we hung out, but I don't care. I really needed this."

When the day was over, GiGi and I parted ways and I headed back to the safe house. Tristan's eyes widened when he saw all the bags Rafaele and Angel were lugging into the apartment style home.

Angel handed him the card and the receipt. "Porca troia(Fucking hell)," he cursed, combing his fingers through his hair. "You spent almost a hundred grand!? What kind of expensive ass diapers did you purchase?"

"I went on a little shopping spree," I told him, showing him all of the clothes I bought.

"A hundred grand, Sienna? Did you even get the diapers?"

"Yes, I did," I replied. "And I just wanted to treat myself for once. Is that a problem?"

He sat down on the stool. "No, of course. I- how the hell did your tiny ass spend this much money?"

"I had a little help," I confessed.

He frowned, glancing over at Rafaele and Angel who refused to look their boss in the eye. "From who?"

"GiGi."

"For fucks sake!"

"Tristan," I chided when he cursed in front of Mateo. He apologized, watching me pull out the lingerie I bought. My teeth pierced my lower lip, my gaze seductive. "Can you ever forgive me, daddy?"

The angry scowl on his face remained. "I don't care that you went shopping, Sienna. The amount of money spent isn't even really the issue. It's the fact that you were careless enough to do it with someone who my father could be tracking!"

I didn't think about that. "I'm sorry. I didn't think."

"No, you didn't," he retorted, raising his voice. "You never think!" I must have been sporting a sad look on my face, because he softened his voice and motioned me towards him with his index finger. "Venire(Come)."

Dropping the lingerie back into the bag, I approached him and wrapped my arms around his waist. I looked up into his eyes, speaking in a low voice. "I just wanted to have a little fun. To feel normal again."

He kissed the top of my head, mumbling into my hair. "I know, baby. I know. But you have to be more careful. I can't lose you."

"I'm sorry," I repeated. "I'll be more careful from now on."