Chapter 14

Sienna's POV
I groaned, having woken up with a splitting headache. Blinking to adjust to the painful brightness in the room, I sat up.

I jumped, my heart leaping along with me when I noticed Tristan sitting in a chair watching me.

"Geez, Tristan. You scared the-" I panicked when I saw what I'm a hundred percent certain was blood on his face and on what was once a crisp white dress shirt.

Hurrying over to him, I checked him for any wounds. "Are you hurt?" I grabbed his face, my breathing uneven. "Please tell me you aren't-"

"The blood's not mine, amore(love)."

I dropped my hands at my sides, scared and confused. "What? Then who's... blood is it?"

His blatant expression remained the same. "I brought you a gift."

"A gift?" I watched him with caution as he slowly stood to his feet and went to retrieve a gift wrapped box from within his closet.

Handing the box to me, he sat back down in his chair and gave me a single head nod. "Aprilo(Open it)."

Something told me that whatever was inside this perfectly wrapped gift of his wasn't something I'd want.

"Tristan, you're scaring me."

"Open the fucking box, Sienna!" He shouted, my entire body trembling as I began to sob and do as I was told.

First, I removed the ribbon. Then I removed the wrapping paper until there was only the lid on the box keeping the gift from being revealed.

With trembling hands, I swallowed and removed the lid. Reluctantly looking down into the box, I screamed when I saw what was inside.

Someone's hands, as well as what disturbingly looked like their lips were neatly placed inside the box. I knew who it was by the tiny star tattoo that was on his index finger.

I don't know how, but Tristan found a way to identify the man, track him down, and torture him for touching and kissing me at the club.

Other than the faint memory of the man who couldn't keep his hands to himself, I hardly remember anything else that occurred.

I really hope I didn't embarrass myself. I knew I was a lightweight, but because I haven't had time to myself in so long, I chose to stop being a mom for one minute and have fun.

Quickly closing the box, I shoved it off my lap, trying not to gag at the sight. "Is he..."

"Sì(yes), he is."

"You didn't have to kill him."

"Oh but I did, sweetheart. You see, he touched what was mine. And as a result, he had to pay. Had he simply kept his body parts to himself, he would still be alive."

"You're a monster!" I screamed at him, tears rolling down my cheeks.

He picked up the box containing the detached body parts, his demeanor placid as he walked out of the room without an ounce of remorse for what he had done.

That's when I knew that if I stayed here any longer, I would be putting my son as well as myself in further danger. And that for all I know, we could be next on his hit lit.

After getting dressed, I looked under the bed and found a small duffle bag that I then used to fill up with a few clothes. Checking Tristan's underwear drawer, I found a couple hundred dollars and shoved the folded wad of cash into my back pocket.

Setting the bag down on the bed, I zipped it closed and sighed. My original plan had been to get Tristan to trust me enough to let his guard down.

But it's clear that that won't be happening anytime soon. So I'm going to have to go with plan c. Which is just to take the risk and run.

When Angel entered the room, followed by Katya, who was holding Mateo, I hurriedly closed and locked the door.

They both looked at me with concern, their brows raised in curiosity. "What's wrong with you?" Katya asked. You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Your brother is a fucking psycho!" I whisper-yelled.

"That's not news to me, Sienna." She laughed, but stopped when she realized I wasn't joining in with her. "What happened?"

I shook my head, pacing across the floor of the spacious room. I was trying not to think about what I saw, but images of mutilated body parts just kept playing on a loop in my mind.

"I don't remember much of last night. But I do remember drinking more than I should have. I ended up dancing with a guy, who got a little too touchy-feely. And next thing I know, Tristan's giving me his hands and lips as a present."

"I should be surprised by my brother's violent reaction, but I'm not. He's always been overly possessive about the people and things he cares about."

"So... you're not freaked out by all of this?"

"No," Angel answered for the both of them. "Tristan has always been this reckless. It's his way of showing that he cares."

I scoffed. "No, it's his way of trying to control and own me." Taking Mateo, I quickly glanced at the door, hoping no one was listening in before bringing my attention back to Katya and Angel.

"I need you two to help me escape." Katya nodded without hesitation. I looked to Angel, pleading with my eyes. "Please Angel. I need you."

"I'm sorry, but I can't." He looked down at the floor sadly. "I care about you and Mateo, but I refuse to betray him."

I didn't press him further. "Okay."

Giving him a hug and a warm smile, I thanked him for keeping me company during my stay here and wished him the best.

Parting ways, I took the duffle bag and followed Katya down the hall. I did my best to shield myself from several of Tristan's armed men standing guard throughout the luxuriously large home.

If I'm spotted even once, they will alert Tristan immediately and I will never be able to escape.

When we managed to successfully reach the garage, Katya snatched her keys off the rack and brought me over to a white Porsche.

I eyed the vaeiety of sports cars lined up in a row just as she placed the keys to her car in my hand.

I looked at her in surprise. "Are you sure?"

She smiled. "I had a carseat installed for Mateo. I knew that one day you would need it."

I threw my free arm around her, appreciative of her and her mother's continuous hospitality towards me. They didn't have to help me, but they did. And I will forever be grateful for it as a result.

Once Mateo was strapped in his carseat, I hopped in the front seat and buckled myself in.

I then waved to the person who had become more than just my friend, but my family, as I said goodbye one last time and left... forever.