Chapter 25

Despite not having seen Tristan or any sign of his men in days, I'm still keeping a cautious eye out. 

Dimitri was nice enough to let me find refuge in his home, which happens to be quite comfortable. Unlike Tristan's place, which constantly feels like a prison with invisible metal bars around it.

I've still been going to work everyday, not wanting to leave Benny hanging yet again because of my family drama. Dimitri's been going with me, which has been beneficial in easing some of my anxiety and fear.

I'm just waiting for Tristan to pop up out of the blue like he's always done, and drag me and Mateo back into his den.

Dimitri's assured me countless times that he'll do all he can to keep me safe. But he doesn't know who my baby daddy is. He doesn't know what he does for a living.

I'm sure if he found out he was a leader for the Mob, he wouldn't be so eager to help me. I've thought about just telling him, but I don't want to scare him off.

The sound of Mateo repeatedly saying "dada" while eating his orange slices pulls me out of my thoughts. I hate that I'm depriving him of a relationship with his father, but it's not safe. And it never has been.

"Is Mateo's father really that dangerous?" Dimitri asked, seated in the chair across from me at the dining table.

"Yes, he is."

Dimitri cleared his throat. He looked uncomfortable, as if he were itching to ask me another question. 

So I said, "what is it?"

"I'm just trying to understand. I mean, if he's so dangerous then why did you sleep with him?"

He didn't seem dangerous when we met. Which doesn't excuse the fact that I spread my legs for a total stranger.

"I was weak," I answered truthfully. "And horny."

I didn't expect to end up pregnant from that one encounter, but I did. And now that Mateo's here, there's nothing I can do but try my absolute hardest to be the best mother I can be.

"So you don't plan to ever be in a relationship with him?"

Dimitri took my hesitancy as my answer and nodded. "Right," he muttered, losing the hopeful spark in his eyes.

I didn't know how to answer that, but the truth was that a part of me still has hope. I know that I shouldn't but I can't help that I'm still clinging to the man I met that night. He'd left quite an impression on me and now I can't stop hoping that he'll return to me.

"It's complicated," I finally answered.

"From what you've told me, he sounds like a bad guy. So what's complicated about it?"

I looked down knowing he was right. There was nothing complicated about it. Tristan was a bad guy. But I've seen sides of him that aren't so bad. I guess I just need to weigh the pros and cons of it all before making a decision.

"Can we please talk about something else?"

He nodded. "Sure. I was actually thinking about taking you and Mateo out to one of my restaurants for some dessert in the city."

"I don't think that's a good idea."

I have no idea if Tristan is even alive. But just in case he is, I have to keep a low profile. I don't want him to spot me out in public at all. Especially if I'm with Dimitri. 

I don't think Dimitri fully understands what would happen if Tristan finds out I'm staying here with him. Tristan's a possessive psychopath. Dimitri wouldn't stand a chance.

"If you're worried about your baby daddy finding you, just know that I won't let him do anything to you or your son." He smiled. "I promise."

He sounded so convincing that I almost believed he could actually protect me.

"How about I put Mateo to bed, and then you and I can watch a movie?" I suggested, wanting to spend time with Dimitri but not wanting to do it in public where Tristan could find us.

"Okay, we can do that."

I have to stay in the house. It's just safer that way. Especially since I don't know if Tristan's even alive. I shot him twice in the chest. Although he's been shot before, I highly doubt he'll survive an attack like that. I mean I specifically aimed for his heart. 

So if he is alive, then he truly is a monster born from the deepest depths of hell.

After giving Mateo a bath and getting him to finally fall asleep, I built a fort around him with the pillows so he didn't fall out of the bed.

Heading back downstairs, I joined Dimitri on the couch. He offered to share his blanket with me, which I gladly snuggled up under.

Having missed the warmth of a man's embrace, I didn't complain when Dimitri wrapped his arm around my waist. Laying my head on his chest, we watched the action movie he picked out in silence, just enjoying each other's company.

Sadness washes over me, the smile on my face fading. This is what I wanted with Tristan. I wanted him to hold me and never let me go.

Dimitri makes note of my change in mood and looks down at me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I lied.

I needed to get Tristan out of my head. The Tristan I spent the night with was gone and I was just going to have to accept that.

Slinging my leg over Dimitri, I sit upright to straddle his hips. Maybe spending a night with Dimitri will get my mind off Tristan.

"Can you do something for me?" I asked, running my fingers down his chest. 

"Anything," he breathed, looking up at me with the kind of lust I've seen in Tristan's eyes on several occasions.

"I want you to make me forget about him."

Nodding his head in understanding, his hands began to slip under my shirt to unhook my bra. Grinding my hips on him, I felt him harden beneath me.

Once my shirt and bra had been removed, he leaned in to take my nipples into his mouth. Moaning out of sensitivity, I moved to take off his shirt so I could feel his abs against my hands.

His shirt joined the pile of clothes on the floor, along with the black leggings I was wearing. Dragging my nails down his chest, I moaned when I felt him push my panties to the side so he could fondle and pinch my bud.

"Do you want me inside you?" He asked with a groan.

"Yes, please," I begged.

Lifting his hips, he reached into his pocket to pull out a condom. Looking down, I watched him unbutton his pajama pants and pull out his cock.

Pleased with the size, I let him take the lead. As soon as he slid the latex over his length, he grabbed my hips and slammed me down onto him.

My hands shot out to grip the armrest behind his head, while he mercilessly pounded into me. "Oh fuck," I moaned. "That feels so good." I haven't had a man inside me since Tristan. 

Damn, I forgot how good it feels.

Moving his hands back up to my breasts, he cupped them in his hands. "Your pussy feels so good, Sienna," he grunted, his face twisting in pleasure.

Bending down, I kiss Dimitri's lips. Our tongues clash, and my mind wanders to Tristan.

Damn you, Tristan.

Get out of my head.

Dimitri feels so good inside me. And even still my mind is on Tristan. I'm picturing his dick fucking up my insides, which turns me on even more.

"Fuck me harder." Dimitri fucks me harder, the sound of our skin slapping loud and clear as the movie continues playing in the background.

I was getting closer and closer to climaxing. Panting, I tighten my grip on the couch and bite my lip. My eyes are closed, images of Tristan fucking me senseless swirling around in my head.

I had every intention of moaning Dimitri's name, but that's not the name that leaves my lips as I climax on his cock.

"Tristan..."