Chapter 23

Tristan's POV
Well doesn't this look awfully familiar.

The first time she had me at gunpoint I didn't think she would pull the trigger, but she did. And had I not already taken the bullets out of her gun she would have killed me without a second thought.

The woman has some serious balls on her. I see that now.

And although I should be worried considering this gun is actually loaded, I'm not.

Instead I'm turned on. As soon as the gun was aimed at me, I felt the blood rush to the head of my cock.

The fire in her eyes is prominent, my cock twitching against my thigh. I could end up dying with a hard on. I internally scoff at the thought.

It's not exactly the ideal way to go out. I want to at least be inside her one last time before I leave this earth.

I've forgotten what it feels like to touch her. To feel her clench around me when she climaxes on my dick. To hear her moan my name in my ear. To listen to her beg me to fuck her harder.

Fuck, I feel like I may just burst out of my pants. Pushing the filthy thoughts of that night to the back of my mind, I contemplate reaching for my gun.

I could just shoot her and end it all. But I'm too selfish to do that. I'd rather keep her imprisoned in my home where I can have her all to myself. Besides, our son would resent me for murdering his mother for the rest of his life. And I can't live with that.

My men are staring at me, wondering why I haven't made a move. I'm not usually this slow to react. In fact, I never usually give it a second thought. She should be dead right now. She would be dead right now if I wasn't so selfish. 

And if I wasn't currently dealing with an uncomfortable erection.

I promised myself that I wouldn't stop her or chase after her if she ever left me again. And I intended to originally keep that promise. But that was before my family was attacked.

There's not a doubt in my mind that the person who has been killing my men is behind last night's events. Of course, it's not his usual M.O., but it did get the job done. I lost two of my men as a result.

Which is why I wasn't home last night. Miko has an uncle who specializes in this sort of thing. He's a big fan of weapons- explosives being his second favorite weapon to use after sniper rifles.

He informed me that the bomb was homemade and was triggered when one of my men started the car. I don't know if that bomb was meant for me, but I'm assuming it was since there weren't any traces of a bomb in the other vehicle.

When Sienna started to walk away, or rather limp away, I motioned Angel to step in front of her. Despite their growing friendship, Angel didn't hesitate.

She lowered the gun in her hand, and a smile tugged at the corners of my mouth. I knew she wouldn't dare shoot him.

Aside from my mother and sister, she has a soft spot for the kid. Which is why I've kept them so close. If she won't listen to me, then she would surely listen to one of them.

"Move Angel," I heard her say.

He shook his head. "I can't. I'm sorry."

Every step Sienna took whether it was forward, backward, left, or right, Angel moved with her. Frustrated, she sighed and whipped around to face me. The gun was once again aimed at me.

"What did I say, Tristan?"

"You're not going anywhere, mia cara(my dear). It's not safe out there."

She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "It's not safe in this hellhole either!"

"I can't protect you and Mateo if you leave."

She was laughing now, the sound maniacal. "A fucking car blew up outside of my job, Tristan! There was a glass sticking out of my fucking thigh! So much for your fucking protection!" The sarcasm in her tone of voice is evident. "You may be the Don, and the world may know you as "The Lion", but you are nothing but a damn cub," she spits out venomously.

I ball my hand into my fist, my nails digging into my palm. "Watch your fucking mouth!"

She can call me all kinds of names. She can even hit me. But I will not tolerate her belittling me, my title, and the role I worked my entire life for. She has no idea the kind of blood, sweat, and pain I had to endure to get where I am.

"Or what?" She challenged. "What will you do, cucciolo di leone(lion cub)?"

"Do not provoke me, Sienna."

"What are you two fighting about now?" My mother's voice rang throughout the mansion walls. Walking out into the foyer, my eyes immediately zero in on my son. My anger slowly dissipates at the sight of him and I unclench my fist.

"I'm leaving and I'm taking my son with me," Sienna tells my mother.

Our son.

My mother's gaze drifts to me. "Let her go, Tristano."

"They're not safe."

"Maybe so, but right now, you are the only one they're not safe from."

Her words don't just sting- it burns. I felt like she drove a knife through my chest and just kept twisting it, the blade scraping against the walls of my beating heart.

I know she's right. My mother's always right. Which is why I took her advice and I tried to be a better man for both Sienna and my son. I did. I really did. But clearly that wasn't enough for her, because she's still trying to leave.

"Fine. But let me at least say goodbye to my figlio(son)."

"No." 

I stopped abruptly, growing angrier by the second. "He's my son, Sienna."

"I don't care. I don't trust you."

"And you think I trust you?" I countered. "I know you called the police on me." 

She froze, her eyes wide. She didn't know I knew about that since she flushed the damn thing down the toilet. But little does she know, I keep phone records of every member in this fucking Mafia.

"If you haven't already noticed- they're not coming for you. You belong to me now and there is nothing that they or anyone else can do about it."

One second I'm watching the single tear roll down her cheek, and then the next, I'm looking down at the blood seeping through my white dress shirt from the two bullet holes in my chest.

She shot me. 

She actually shot me.