The One With The Check-Up

Beginne am Anfang

Deaton briefly stood up from his desk and walked over to the filing cabinet behind him. Deaton used the key from his white veterinarian coat to unlock it before he grabbed a black journal from inside that held all of Deaton's notes about the Radkova witch's condition. "How are you doing today?" The druid asked Emily once he sat back down at his desk, "how would you rate your morning?"

Emily lightly shrugged her right shoulder. "It's still pretty early, so anything could happen," the Gilbert girl joked before she quickly grew serious as Emily released a heavy sigh. "I called because I'm worried," the Radkova witch admitted.

Deaton quickly placed down his pen before he focused his brown gaze onto his computer screen. "What's wrong?" The druid worriedly asked the young witch, "did something happen?"

"It's not just one thing," Emily stated as she shook her head. "It feels like everything keeps coming right after another," the Radkova witch mumbled before she began ranting without realizing it, "I feel like I'm always on edge. I don't want to worry my family and friends or for them to find out what's going on, so I feel like I'm constantly lying. On top of all of that, I don't even know if I'm dreaming or awake half the time!"

"Hey, hey, hey," Deaton quickly murmured when he noticed that the young witch was getting worked up. "Let's just calm down and take it one step at a time," the druid softly suggested as he tried to calm the Gilbert girl down.

Emily closed her green eyes and forcefully took a deep breath. The Gilbert girl took three deep breaths until she felt her heartbeat relax before Emily opened her eyes and looked at the druid. Emily gave the veterinarian a small nod to let Deaton know that she was okay.

"Good," Deaton complimented the Radkova witch for listening before he advised, "now, let's start at the beginning." The druid picked up his pen from his desk before Deaton gently asked in a soothing voice, "what's been bothering you the most?"

"It's the hallucinations," Emily mumbled as she brushed a portion of her brunette hair behind her right ear. "They are happening more frequently now," the young witch admitted to the druid.

"What have you been seeing?" Deaton asked after he quickly scribbled a few words in the journal.

"It's always the same thing," the Gilbert girl muttered as she leaned her back against the large oak tree. "It's like this huge shadow of a monster or a beast," Emily recalled, "and it always seems to be calling out to me."

"Does it ever speak to you?" The druid of Beacon Hills curiously inquired.

"No," the Gilbert girl denied before she explained, "but I think it knows I'm there. It's always staring down at me and when I get closer, it gets angry, I think." Emily shook her head as she stated, "I know it might sound crazy but I swear I can feel it's breath against my ear."

Deaton silently nodded his head as he quickly jotted down what the Radkova witch was telling him before Deaton focused back onto his computer screen. "Has these hallucinations ever left any real effects?" Deaton inquired before he clarified, "any bruises or marks?"

The Radkova witch released a heavy sigh as she nodded her head. Emily pushed the side of her leather jacket to the side to expose her left shoulder. Emily closer to her laptop screen and slightly turned to the side before she showed Deaton the claw mark on her skin.

"It appeared last night," Emily mumbled as she gently ran her point finger across the reddened claw mark. It gave Emily quite the scare when it happened after her shower. Emily had been brushing her hair through the mirror when she got locked in a trance with her reflection. The Gilbert girl had practically felt the claws on her shoulder when the mark appeared on her skin.