Chapter 22

When they all woke up they went downstairs to eat breakfast and started to talk. As they were talking the girls asked what they should all do today. "Well I think we should go on a picnic on one of the floating islands in the Dragneel Kingdom." Said Romeo as he looked at the guys to see if that was alright. The guys smiled. "That's a great idea Romeo, we should definitely do that." Said Jellal. "How about when we are done eating you girls go in the kitchen and get the food prepared and we will get the blanket, basket, flashlights, and other things we need." Said Gajeel. "Okay that sounds like a plan." Said Wendy as she and the other girls smiled and nodded.

     When everyone was done they did as planned and the girls went to the kitchen and the boys got the things ready. "Okay half of us will get the rings while the others get some of the stuff, then when you guys are done getting the rings we will switch." Said Jellal as he stood in front of the guys. "Natsu, Gray, Laxus and I will get the rings first and then when we have them we will switch." Everyone nodded and got to work.When the first half of the boys had the rings they swapped and the other half went to get their rings. "Okay I think that's everything." Said Gray. "Good let's go see if the girls are ready." Romeo said as he held the basket.

     While the guys were getting the rings and picnic things. The girls were getting the food ready while talking. "Do you think the boys are up to something?" Said Mira "Definitely, they are acting strange lately." Said Lucy. The rest of them agreed and started to talk about what the guys have been doing. As they were talking and finishing up making the food the boys came in. "Hey girls, are you ready to get going." Said Natsu as the boys walked into the kitchen. "Almost ready, we just have to finish making a few sandwiches and then we're done." Said Erza as she started to make one of the sandwiches. "Okay, do you need any help?" Said Zeref. "No, I think we got it." Said Mavis as she smiled.

     When the girls were done they put the food in the basket, and they all started to walk to the garden. "Well which floating island are we going to have our picnic on?" Asked Juvia. "You girls will just have to wait and see." Said Zeref. The girls agreed and the boys transformed into their dragon forms. "Ready?" Asked Natsu as he had Lucy on his back. "Ready." Said the others, with Happy and Carla carrying Zeref and Mavis. After they checked to see if they had everything they took off to the Dragneel Kingdom. When they got to the island the girls looked around and noticed that the island was very familiar. "Is this the first island that we had a picnic on?" Said Erza. "Yeah, it is." Said Jellal as he transformed back into his human form.
     The girls smiled and ran around remembering what they did the last time they came here. As the girls were having fun the boys were setting everything up. "Okay I think that was the last thing." Said Gray as he and Gajeel Laid the blanket down. "Well let's have fun for a while then eat, relax and then we will propose." Said Natsu as he was turning to walk over to Lucy with Happy following. "Okay sounds like a plan." Said Laxus as he started to walk over to Mira. The rest of the boys followed and started to run with the girls, wandering around and exploring. "Natsu, why didn't you tell us we were coming here? Remember last time we brought our swimsuits, because there is a waterfall around here." Said Lucy, just then there was a flash of blinding light and then appeared Virgo holding a ton of swimsuits. "Don't worry Princess, I have all your swimsuits right here." Virgo said as she paced them out to everyone. "Thanks Virgo you're a real lifesaver." Said Lucy as she smiled. And with that Virgo bowed and went back to the Celestial world.

     "We should swim and then go eat." Said Gajeel, as he walked to one side of the little forest to get changed. Everyone agreed, the boys followed Gajeel and the girls went the other way. Once they were done changing they met back up where they separated. They looked at eachother and noticed they were wearing the same thing as last time. "Alright let's go." Yelled Natsu as he picked up Lucy and ran to the river with Happy right behind.

     "Natsu, put me down." Lucy giggled/yelled. "Nope!" Said Natsu right before he jumped in the water. Lucy yelped in surprise from the sudden shock of the water. Once they got back to the surface, Lucy splashed him with water. "Rude." Lucy pouted as she swam away with Natsu catching up. After the others were done laughing they jumped in the water as well. "Lucy quick over here." Yelled Levy. Lucy looked back and nodded before diving under the water to get to Levy. With Natsu still close behind. Once Lucy was behind Levy and the girls Juvia created a wave to wash the boys further down the river. "HEY! THAT'S A DIRTY TRICK JUVIA!" The boys yelled as they tried to fight the wave but failed and got pushed back 20 to 30 feet back.

     The girls swam further to get away from the boys who were catching up. When Mira looked back to see how far the boys were she didn't see them. "Girls, the boys aren't behind us. I don't know where they are." The rest of the girls looked back as well and saw that Mira was right. "Where did they go?" Asked Wendy as she swam closer to the girls. "They couldn't have gone far, maybe they're just playing a trick on us." Erza tried to assure the girls. They nodded and started to swim back to see if they could find them.

     "AHHHHHH!" The girls looked back to see why Wendy yelled, but didn't see her. "WENDY!" Lucy yelled, she frantically swam to the spot Wendy was 2 seconds ago. Lucy was about to go underwater when she heard another scream. The girls looked around but Juvia was gone too. "SWIM!" Erza yelled. The girls listened and started to swim away as fast as they could. When Lucy looked back to see if there was anything following them but only saw Levy get pulled underwater. "LEVY!" The rest of the girls yelled. "WHAT IS GOING ON?" Mira screamed.

     The next one that went under was Carla, then Mira, soon after Mavis also went down. "What are we going to do?" Lucy asked as she looked at Erza. But before Erza could answer they both were pulled under.

     Once Lucy could open her eyes she saw salmon hair. "NATSU!" Lucy tried to yell but forgot she was underwater. Natsu just chuckled which turned into a full on laughing fit. They swam back to the surface. "You idiot. Don't do that, you guys scared us half to death." Lucy scolded them. "Sorry Luce, we needed some way to get you girls without you knowing." Natsu said while scratching the back of his head.

     The girls looked at each other and then sighed. "Alright it's fine but don't do that again. Okay?" Mavis said. The boys nodded and smiled. "Let's eat. I'm starving." Gajeel said as he walked over to the picnic basket. "Yeah." Everyone followed him and sat down on the blanket.

     As they ate the boys looked at each other and nodded. They stood up and Zeref grabbed the radio and placed it in front of them. The girls looked at them with a questionable look on their faces. The boys got in line and took a deep breath and played the song.

Hello, I'm sorry that I haven't posted a chapter since December. I hope you like the chapter. Have a great day/night. Picture and characters don't belong to me they belong to their rightful creators.