Chapter 45

Adrien sat up and saw that she was serious. She brought her knees to her chest in a fetal position as if something was bothering her.

"What's the matter bugaboo?" Adrien said, looking at her with a worried expression. She turned her head and looked at him.

"I was given a message before losing my memories," Marinette said.

"A message? From who? Why?" Adrien said, now worried more than ever.

"Her name was Sylvia. She was a previous ladybug miraculous holder." Marinette explained.

The name Sylvia rang around the room, catching the attention of Tikki and Plagg. They flew over to Marinette as fast as they could with shocked expressions.

"You talked to Sylvia?!" Tikki said, tears filling her eyes.

"Yeah... I did." Marinette smiled at Tikki.

"What did she say?" Tikki said, trying to contain her excitement.

"She said to tell you hello and that she misses you." Marinette smiled.

Marinette could see those words really touched Tikki's heart as she tried not to cry. Tikki turned away from them all and Plagg hugged her.

"Did she say anything else?" Adrien asked.

"She did...'Something hidden deep, find it and you will be faced with despair. Ignorance is bliss.' She gave me a warning about something." Marinette said, turning her attention back to Adrien.

"Something hidden deep? What does that mean?" Adrien said, confused.

"I'm honestly not sure," Marinette questioned.

"We should ask Alix. If it brings despair... she would probably know. She wouldn't let the world suffer for our mistakes." Marinette said.

"Yeah... you're right. First.. Let's go eat some breakfast. Your parents must be awake by now." Adrien smiled.

"Yeah..." Marinette smiled.

Adrien could have sworn he saw a hint of sadness within her smile but decided not to say anything. He knew this was going to be hard for her. He followed close behind her, heading downstairs. They were met with the heart-aching truth once they reached the bottom of the stairs.

Marinette stopped at the bottom of the stairs, looking at her parent's bags sitting by the door. Adrien took hold of Marinette's hand for comfort.

"Come on. I'm here for you. It'll be alright Buggaboo." He smiled, seeing her saddened face fighting back tears.

Marinette felt Adrien pull her forward and she stumbled towards him, feeling like her feet were about 10 pounds each. Adrien pulled her into the dining room where her mother and father were having breakfast and found Adrien pushing her into her chair.

She found herself in such a daze. Everything seemed so surreal. Was this really real? Were they really leaving? Was she going to be ok without them? She was going to be alone without them!

Her mind was spinning. She felt a pit in her stomach as she looked down at her lap, almost feeling like she was going to throw up.

"Honey? Are you alright?" Sabine asked, seeing that Marinette was clearly upset.

"I-..I'm fine mom." Marinette smiled.

Tom, Sabine, and Adrien exchanged looks and knew she was lying. Adrien sighed and leaned into her ear.

"What's going on? You're acting strange all of a sudden." He said.

"I... I just feel a little sick." She said, standing up.