Chapter 41: Hidden secrets

"What for?" Alix said, turning to Luka.

"I... it's personal." Luka said simply.

"It's ok Luka. You can say it here." Marinette smiled.

Luka sighed and sat down on the bed beside Marinette and Alix.

"How are you feeling?" Luka asked.

"That's it? You were just going to ask her how she felt?" Alix said, trying not to laugh.

"Well... I heard she wasn't feeling well..." Luka started.

"I'm feeling... fine?" Marinette said, unsure of what kind of answer he was looking for.

"Do you remember me?" Luka leaned into her ear and quietly whispered.

Marinette's eyes shot open and she jolted backward away from him out of pure shock that he would ask such a specific question. Does he know she lost her memory? Who all knows?

"Marinette? Are you alright? What did he say? You look terrified." Alix said.

"O-oh! Not at all! Uhm... Luka... the answer to your question is.. Yes of course why wouldn't I?" Marinette smiled nervously.

She knew it was bad to lie. She hated lying but... She had no idea who to trust besides Adrien. Adrien was the only one filling in the holes in her memory besides the ones being filled in by her own mind momentarily. Adrien told her that Hawkmoth is still out there with Mayura. How could she be sure that Alix and Luka aren't Hawkmoth and Mayura and they are checking on her to make sure she isn't remembering anything?

"I'll be right back. I'm going to talk to Adrien." Luka said, getting up from the bed.

Luka walked out of the room, feeling like he made Marinette feel worse than she probably already did. Marinette sat awkwardly in front of Alix, wondering what they were supposed to be talking about. Alix still didn't answer why she was there, to begin with.

"Uh... so why are you-"

"What all do you remember?" Alix interrupted her.

"Huh?! W-what do you mean?" Marinette said nervously.

"Spill it. I know you're remembering things. What all do you remember?" Alix said, crossing her arms.

"Well... How can I trust you?" Marinette said, crossing her arms in return.

"Trust me? What do you mean? Are you asking me to prove my loyalty as your friend?" Alix laughed.

"Uh.. well.. No... but- What if you're secretly here to get intel on me and hurt me and my family?!" Marinette said.

"Oh wow, what is going on inside that brain of yours. Did passing on the miracle box scramble your mind?" Alix laughed.

"Wait.. so you know about miraculous and the miracle box? Wait- You knew I was the guardian?" Marinette said, looking at Alix.

"Stay back! I'm going to get Chat noir! You're not getting away this time, Mayura!" Marinette said, scrambling to her feet.

As Marinette tried to hurriedly get to her feet, her feet got tangled inside of the blankets she was sitting on. She tripped and fell off of the bed, face planting onto the ground. Adrien and Luka walked back in and looked at Alix laughing as Marinette was laying on the floor almost in tears.

"Marinette! Are you alright?" Adrien said, running over to help her up.

"What happened in here Alix?" Luka asked.

"Well... when are you going to spill the beans Chat noir," Alix said, ignoring Luka's question.

Adrien, Luka, and Marinette's eyes all widened and they all turned to look at Alix.