Chapter 23: A problem

Marinette walked to a computer, smiling as she felt the piece of paper in her pocket. She stood in front of a vacant computer and logged in, making sure no one was around to see her type in her information. She breathed out a sigh of relief and as the box asked her if she would like to change her username and password she turned her head toward Adrien's office. She noticed Kagami sitting down in front of Adrien and saw that they were having a serious conversation, then all of a sudden she handed him a piece of paper and walked out smiling.

Marinette quickly turned her head back to the screen and clicked off it, quickly making her way to her studio room, hoping not to be seen by Kagami nor Adrien. She knew Adrien and Kagami dated a few years ago, but... why would she all of a sudden give him a piece of paper and smile at him. Was it business-related and was she just overthinking? Why did Kagami smile when she walked out? She never smiles. Something was off. Did... she give him... her number? Was Kagami trying to get back with Adrien?

Marinette made it inside of her studio room and shut the door behind her with a sigh of relief, but didn't realize someone was still inside the room with her.

"Uh... hi Marinette. Remember me?" She said.

Marinette's eyes widened and looked toward the voice and saw Alix.

"Alix? What are you doing working here?" Marinette said.

"I work here part-time. I do some heavy lifting here and there, it's a good workout." She laughed.

Alix walked over to Marinette and hugged her. Marinette hugged her back and smiled at her.

"So you got a job with Adrien, huh?" Alix winked.

"Uh... yeah. I needed to talk to you anyway." She said, turning toward the door and locking it.

"What is it, LB?" Alix said, a little concerned.

"I know Chat noir's identity," Marinette explained.

"Oh? You do, do you? Who do you think it is?" Alix smirked.

"Alix, I know it's Adrien." Marinette sighed.

"Oh... so you do really know. Well... um... What happened? I didn't think you found out until later? Hm... nothing terrible happened so far... at least nothing that my future self notified me of." Alix said, thinking to herself.

"It happened right after one of our classes together. We ran together by accident and the floor underneath us and the ceiling above us was crumbling. He asked me to close my eyes but he had no other choice." Marinette explained.

"Hmm... What do you plan on doing with that information?" She asked. "You are the Guardian after all."

"I know..." Marinette sighed, thinking back to how Master fu passed on the responsibility to her so long ago. "Chat noir and I have been dating for a while actually... after I found out he was Adrien... we talked about moving in together sometime soon."

"Moving in together? But L-... Marinette! What about... you know..." Alix hinted.

"He hasn't akumatized someone in so long. Maybe once in a month or two. I think he has given up if he hasn't... don't you think it's about time we tell one another our secret? We aren't kids anymore Alix." Marinette sighed.

"I understand that Marinette... but the rules were placed there for many reasons. Remember Chat blanc? Just... think about it before you do decide on doing it." Alix said, giving her a smile, unlocking the door, and walking out. "It was good seeing you... be careful."

Marinette sighed and saw all of her equipment in the middle of the room, waiting for her to unpack and set up in her new studio.

Hours went by and after a while, her studio was beginning to look like a real designer's studio. Before she knew it, the sun had gone down and it was time to leave, though she had no idea that Adrien was standing in the doorway watching her unpack her last box.