Chapter 27: Disagreements

Ladybug zipped off and made her way back home before Chat noir. She detransformed, a little out of breath. She gave Tikki a quick snack and Tikki was rather silent than usual.

"What?" She asked.

"I don't like what you're doing Marinette," Tikki said, eating on her snack.

"Tikki, come on. It's been years. He deserves to know."

"I get why you want to tell him... but to risk your identity... you're the guardian." Tikki sighed.

"I know I am... which is why I need someone to be on my side. I need my partner to help me." Marinette explained.

Tikki went silent and knew that Marinette had already made her mind up so anything she told her would be pointless. Marinette frowned and clipped her purse back when she heard the window swing back open. She heard someone come inside the room and she rushed over and saw Chat noir smiling happily at her. Marinette's guilt that she was feeling with Tikki melted away, seeing how happy Chat noir was.

She rushed over to him and hugged him, feeling him wrap his arms around her.

"Why are you so happy princess? I haven't even told you what happened yet." He laughed.

"I..."

That's right. She wasn't supposed to know.

"I saw how happy you were. I just assumed it went well." She blushed, leaning out to look at him.

"Yeah... it went really well." He laughed.

"Well? Are you going to leave me on a cliffhanger... or... are you going to tell me?" She teased, letting go of him and walking over to the bed to sit down.

"Claws in." He whispered.

A flash of green and Plagg floated over to his stash of cheese, watching Adrien crawl into the bed beside Marinette. Adrien turned the Tv on and curled his arm around her shoulder as they snuggled up with one another.

"Well... LB is going to tell me who she is tomorrow night." He began, a slight blush spreading across his face.

"Hmm... are you blushing? Didn't you have a crush on her?" Marinette asked.

"Uh... oh! Princess... sorry. It was a childhood crush... yeah... but now... it's more... excitement. We've been best friends for so long. I'm just really excited." He let out a breath.

"You're that excited?" She asked.

"Yeah... The weird thing is... she already knew my identity." He said looking over to Marinette.

"O-oh really? I wonder how she knew that." Marinette smiled nervously.

"Hmm... at one point I thought you were ladybug. Funny huh?" Adrien laughed.

"Hmmm..." Marinette said, looking over at Adrien.

Should she just go ahead and tell him now? He is really excited. Teasing him was fun earlier but... now... it feels a little wrong. Wait... did he not think she was ladybug anymore? How come?

"Why don't you think I'm ladybug?" She smirked.

"Why?" He asked.

"Hmm... well... I saw you and Ladybug together as multimouse before remember? Ladybug also cleared your name about knowing if there was going to be a new ladybug or not. You and she are good friends, huh?" He said.

"Uh... something like that." Marinette smiled.

"Princess?" He asked.

"Hmm?"