"The Ravager King? How do you know?" Draco asked.

"You weren't the only one to visit me in my cell...  but he introduced himself as Piers' associate, not the Ravager King."  Oliver sighed and rubbed his eyes from the building exhaustion. "Their alliance was built on the selfish need for power, so I am positive the Ravager King was the one who gave Piers information about the Anima Wish in the first place."

"Will it really take thirty years to find all five pieces?" Draco asked, recalling the timeline of the war.

"The fifth was where they least expected it." Oliver slipped off his necklace and placed it on the table.

Every single eye was drawn to the white stone that glimmered in the light—they immediately knew what this necklace was. The distrust some of the Elders held was alleviated at this moment because Oliver had just entrusted the Kardos family's greatest secret.

"Of course," Phoibe murmured. "The fifth would be with the great warriors of the Eternal War."

"What is the Ravager King's desire?" Castor finally spoke up.

Oliver traced the Kardos sigil on the necklace thoughtfully. "Magic. He wishes to unseal the magic to overcome the prophecy."

Phoibe was startled and turned to Draco. "Do you know this prophecy?"

Draco shook his head. "We only heard an inkling when we were in the caves."

Oliver hesitated again, recalling the ominous words from the Ravager King. The room buzzed with whispers, but Oliver's steady voice sounded again. "The crowned bear will rise only if the Sword of Moonlight and Dragons fall."

Silence choked the room. It was obvious what this meant: The Ravager's fated enemies were the Kardos family and the Lyrells. The Ravager King would seek their destruction.

"If he gathers all the pieces and makes his wish, how can we stop him?" An Elder's voice trembled when he asked this.

They all turned to Oliver, who sighed lightly. "That's not how the Anima Wish works. It doesn't matter who puts the pieces together or makes a wish first... Only the loudest wish that is heard, one drawn from the soul, will be answered." He tapped his finger on the necklace. "Not that it matters anymore because the magic has been drained from the pieces."

Draco reached for the necklace, pausing to gain permission from Oliver to touch his belongings. When Oliver nodded, Draco picked up the necklace and examined it. "You're right. There is no magic."

"I don't mean to doubt you, but are we certain this is a true Anima shard?" Castor asked. "Perhaps it was lost or replicated?" 

Oliver shook his head. "This is the true shard given to the Kardos family."

Phoibe pulled out a pouch that always hung from her waist. She reached in and retrieved a white stone that matched Oliver's necklace. Much like Oliver's, fine cracks were stretching across the stone.

"He's telling the truth because the Lyrell's has lost its power too." She said quietly.

More chatter erupted from the room.

"Does that mean the threat is over?"

"Have we avoided the war?"

"Are the Ravagers still a threat?"

"What if Rucrea is still facing destruction?"

Oliver held a hand up, and the men's and women's voices fell. "Even without the Anima Wish magic, there is still a threat of war and ruin. We should never underestimate the ambition of tyrants. The Ravagers need to be cleaned out, and Piers needs to be overthrown."