XII. Probably Just Allergies

Chapter 12, Probably Just Allergies
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    " You're overreacting, I'm just either having allergies or coming down with the flu. "

  ~ Harper's POV ~ 

    Having to wake up with a sore throat, and an irritated ear is not something you ever wanted to wake up with, one's painful and the other is just annoying you because you don't know what to do.
   I forced myself out of the bed and walked to the bathroom sluggishly, I didn't want to move or even blink anymore but I didn't want to miss another day of school.

        So I just mustered up all of my strength and energy to brush my teeth, and wash my face before walking back to my cold, comfortable room to change.
   I really should've stayed in bed today but I missed a week of school and I couldn't keep relying on my friends to send me the home work and then the answers to the homework, I didn't want them thinking that I was doing it just to do it.

      Although they would never think that, I couldn't take a risk and have my friends hate me over something I have no control over, so I brushed my hair into a ponytail and put on sweatpants and a hoodie.
   I couldn't be bothered to look my best when I felt so like I was dying, that was just a no-no for me, I put on my sneakers that didn't need to be laced up and grabbed my phone before walking down the stairs slowly.

       I smiled at the sight of my mom grabbing her things, she noticed me all dressed but didn't say anything, she just kissed my forehead and wished me a good day before saying goodbye and walking out of the house.
   Sometimes I wish we could swap places, and it's not just her that I wanted to swap places with but it's everyone I've ever met, I wanted to see the struggles they go through in their everyday life style.

    I decided to skip breakfast and just go straight to walking to the bus stop, I didn't need anything in my system if it was just going to bother my throat and cause the throbbing in my ear to start again, my earbuds were something that I stopped using when my ear began to hurt.
   So I had to listen to the chatter of the people on the bus, and then had to deal with the awkward silence that came after the people who were speaking got off the bus, I didn't do well when it came to awkward situations so I began to think about different things until my stop came.

    The hardest part about going to school today is the fact that I couldn't really speak to anyone even if I really wanted to, I felt discomfort in my throat and the slightest loud sound made my ears want to explode, I just wanted to go home already.
   Bumping into Charlie didn't make me feel any better either, she noticed my pissy attitude and grabbed my hand, dragging me to the bathroom and watching me walk over to the sink and napkins area.

     "I don't understand what's wrong with your little pissy mood, but in my household we communicate."

   Charlie spoke as she crossed her arms and leaned on the wall next to the sink that was just a few feet away from the mirror, I looked at her, contemplating if I really wanted to talk or if I should just walk away and send her a text.
   Knowing Charlie, she'd drag me not caring if I was sick at all, so I had to force myself to speak, even if it bothered me.

    "Nothing, my ear hurts and my throat got even worse, I just want to go home.."

     I couldn't even sound like I was whining, instead my voice was raspy and almost like it was gone, I looked at my best friend whose face was now in worrisome expression, I hated when they start acting like mom and become these helicopter best friends.
   I was fully capable of taking care of myself which includes taking care of whatever the hell I have, without needing anyone's assistance.

     "You sound really bad Harper, haven't you gone to the doctor to get this checked out?"

     I sighed and shook my head, I walked to the mirror that sat above the sink and opened my mouth to check my throat, I wanted to see if I had anything stuck in my throat or if anything was swollen, as I did, I nearly threw up with what I saw.
    There was a white ball shaped thing, in my throat but it didn't cause any pain and it didn't seem like it played a part in bothering me whenever I swallowed my saliva or food.

     " You're overreacting, I'm just either having allergies or coming down with the flu. ",

    When the bell rang, I walked off after telling that my best friend was probably thinking too far in to the fact that I was sick, she has every right to be worried but I didn't like having people worried, it didn't feel right and it made me feel worse about feeling sick.
   That's why I didn't even bother telling my mom in the first place, I just had to tell her because it had gotten to the point that I just wanted to stay home and pray that it'll go away on its own or with medication.

     But now I feel as if I need to go home instantly and have my mother take me to the hospital, I wish I would have done that in the first place because maybe I wouldn't be in this predicament.
   It's too late now, now I just have to hold on for as long as I can before caving in and taking off to the emergency room.

    I already know they're going to diagnose me with a sickness and give me medicine to cure, so whatever they could do over at the hospital is what I could do at home, simple as that.