XI. Feeling Ill

Chapter 11, Feeling Ill
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " It's just a little cold, I'm going to be alright, stop freaking out. "

~ Harper's POV ~

        When I woke up today, I felt like my throat got even worse because with every swallow I had, it bothered me, I shouldn't have let it get this far which mean that I had to tell my mom what was happening.
   Maybe she could give me some medicine and watch over me until I feel better, there was no doubt in my mind that I was going through allergies but I needed to tell my mom so that she didn't think that I was skipping school just for the kicks of it.

      I walked downstairs in my pajamas with a depressed look on my face as I watched my mom grab her purse, she turned around to yell for me but when she made eye contact with me, she knew that something was wrong with me.
   I never liked seeing her worried about me, it made me feel worse about myself because she would drop everything just to take care of me but she would never allow me to help her, I hated when she did that.

    "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

    The questions began as she set her purse down on the table, I nodded my head and took a deep breath knowing that speaking was only going to bother it more.

    "My throat hurts a lot, i think I'm having the worse allergies known to woman."

     I tried lighting the mood but the light chuckle I gave hurt my throat even more, my mom checked my face to see if I'm coming with with anything but she was relieved to know that I didn't have any fever yet.
   She sent me to my room and told me that she would be taking care of me until I felt better, I began to feel worse because I didn't want her to miss her work just to take care of me, I could already do this myself.

     "Mama no, I can take care of myself. Go to work, I'll call you if I need you."

      My mother needed a lot more than convincing if I wanted her to go to work and not focus so much on me, so I told that she'd be on speed dial is something were to go wrong and that I'd ask if our neighbor could check on me every two hours.
   Reluctantly, she agreed on going to work and kissed my forehead, but that's when she felt as if something was truly wrong because she stood standing there, scanning my face.

   " It's just a little cold, I'm going to be alright, stop freaking out. "

     I told my mom with a soft smile, she nodded her head slowly before walking me upstairs to my bed and turning the air conditioner on, she tucked me in and kissed my forehead before turning off the light and closing my bedroom door.
   When I was alone with my thoughts, that's when I began to over think but I didn't even have enough energy nor strength to Google my symptoms or call the hospital to ask them what my symptoms meant and if I needed to go to the emergency room.

     My eyes got heavy but I didn't want to fall asleep, I didn't want to sleep knowing that this could be something more serious than I was playing it off, I didn't want to go to sleep knowing that I could probably die in my sleep and nobody would know.
   I didn't want to die alone, I was scared of dying alone and only Lori-Anne knew that, that's why she's never left me behind whenever we were doing something stupid.

    She knew that if I were going to die, I'd be more afraid of dying alone because nobody would notice until the very last second, I had to tell her that when we're doing one of her stupid myths search and the myth turned out to be true and we nearly all died.
   I had to tell her that I didn't want to die alone, so she promised me that no matter what would happen that she would die with me because she didn't want me to die knowing I died to my fear.

     That's why I always did the adventures with her, knowing that she was willing to be die with me just to make me feel safe was something that I have experienced yet.
   Although those are just words and I couldn't fully trust it until she shows it with her actions, I didn't have to be in full danger to know that Lori-Anne would have my back.

    Considering we've been best friends longer than the rest of the group, so as I finally allowed myself to go sleep knowing that I won't die in my sleep because of the promise Lori-Anne and I have.
   I got comfortable in my bed and wrapped myself in my blanket, all I had to do was believe that I'm safe and then I wouldn't have to worry about it.

     That didn't stop me from waking up every two hours afraid that I might actually die in my sleep, I'm a little paranoid, there's nothing wrong with that.
   I mean, when it comes to certain things, isn't everyone paranoid?

    Let me just take my nap and calm my mind down because I cause an anxiety attack and mess up my throat even more, I didn't want my mom to come home from work seeing her daughter on the ground being afraid.

     Harper, please go to sleep.

   I finally had my mind calm which mean that I could sleep nicely, it'll be alright, right?